Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most ridiculous guitar(s) you cant stand that everyone else seems to love?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most ridiculous guitar(s) you cant stand that everyone else seems to love?

ES 335 & most old school teles - ugly as sin!!

Strats.

Great guitars,but I can't get them to sound good.

I also hate wiggley sticks.
    There's nothing to see here.Move along.

Comment

Strats.

Great guitars,but I can't get them to sound good.

I also hate wiggley sticks.
      There's nothing to see here.Move along.

Comment

That would be a Tele.

Comment

That would be a Tele.

Comment

Those neon pink/green etc Steve Vai Ibanez guitars with a handle.

WTF is the handle for? Am I going to drag a $1300 guitar around without a case???

And the horror of them all -the headless bodyless Steinbergers of the 80's.

Now that I think of it -a lot of guitars were ugly in the 80's.

Comment

Those neon pink/green etc Steve Vai Ibanez guitars with a handle.

WTF is the handle for? Am I going to drag a $1300 guitar around without a case???

And the horror of them all -the headless bodyless Steinbergers of the 80's.

Now that I think of it -a lot of guitars were ugly in the 80's.

Comment

dang, i love my tele, strat(s) and les paul!

Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great! to add to that, angus young plays one and he's one of my favorite players!
                --
                Wagdog
                Check out Lunar Commander on:
                iTunes App Store
                Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                iTunes App Store
                Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

dang, i love my tele, strat(s) and les paul!

Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great! to add to that, angus young plays one and he's one of my favorite players!
                  --
                  Wagdog
                  Check out Lunar Commander on:
                  iTunes App Store
                  Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                  iTunes App Store
                  Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                  - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

Danelectros, although mine does sound really good for slide. Too bad I suck at slide.
                    Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Danelectros, although mine does sound really good for slide. Too bad I suck at slide.
                      Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Thurston Moore Jazzmaster. $1500 of fuggly and brittle sounding.
                        "I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

Thurston Moore Jazzmaster. $1500 of fuggly and brittle sounding.
                          "I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
                            View Post

Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great!

I used to feel that way about SGs, now they are towards the top of my fave list. The thinner slab bodies give that Gibson model a bit of the ol' Fender spank n vibe.

I have trouble with the craziest BC Rich style guitars (tho I like my Mockingbird)

But I guess for more popular designs, I'd go with (or against) the Flying V. I guess that's why I stopped at only owning 3 .

But I'll take a F-ing V over a Randy Rhoads offset V any time. That was one of my quickest divestments.
                            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog
                              View Post

Don't really dig sg's (thin, top heavy and don't like the look), but do appreciate that people do - and if it inspires them to play, great!

I used to feel that way about SGs, now they are towards the top of my fave list. The thinner slab bodies give that Gibson model a bit of the ol' Fender spank n vibe.

I have trouble with the craziest BC Rich style guitars (tho I like my Mockingbird)

But I guess for more popular designs, I'd go with (or against) the Flying V. I guess that's why I stopped at only owning 3 .

But I'll take a F-ing V over a Randy Rhoads offset V any time. That was one of my quickest divestments.
                              A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X