*Soundclip* Agile vs. Les Paul Studio

JerseyTrash

• Members

Not sure if this really qualifies as a sound test or just a humbucker test, but here is a really rough jam on Purple Haze where I compare/contrast the two.

Guitar 1 is:
Agile AL-3010 Rootbeer Spalted
everything stock

Guitar 2:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahogany
everything stock

Anyway, let me know what you think:
http://soundcloud.com/fearreport-1/agilevsgibson

• Members

I'd love to hear your Les Paul against the Agile AL-4000 Duncan. Price-wise they were about the same yet the AL-4000 was the top of the line when I got it and also has a Seymour Duncan 59 in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

I should do this with my Gibson LP Standard and my Agile 3100 with Burstbuckers.

That would be interesting. There's too much of a volume leap from the Agile to the Gibson to get a true idea of the Agile. It sounds 'smaller'.

• Members

There is no doubt which guitar looks better. The Agile looks more finished with the binding and the white pickup rings. I don't like the yellowish rings. They remind me how the plastic on most microwaves yellow over time while the door stays white.

As for the pickups. Gibson is louder but not better. Perhaps it's the pots making the difference?

You can also get the Agile in a wide neck which is something Gibson doesn't offer. Agile, hands down.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twotimingpete View Post
volume difference notwithsanding, both sound equally bad in this clip. biggrin.gif try something without all that horrible sludge.
Did you think he had the distortion/gain on pretty high?

That said, it's best to compare tone when settings on clean IMHO.

Archived