Vintage 66 Mosrite Restoration on TV

harold heckuba

• Members

On that show American Restoration. They usually do Coke machines and such
but the owners wife got a Mosrite for her sons b-day.

It was an amazing job, especially considering the owner Rick said he knew
nothing about guitars. In fact, they consulted with none other than Ed Roman
Guitars about what and what not to do.

It will be re-run later tonite, I think, so check it out if you get a chance. The
guitar was beat to death and it ended up like new.

• Members

I just happened to see that last night. Really all you see is the before and after, they never showed any of the actual restoration of the Mosrite. All the air time was spent on the Pepsi machine and bank sign. idn_smilie.gif The Mosrite came out looking like new though. They also never said what she paid for it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I just happened to see that last night. Really all you see is the before and after, they never showed any of the actual restoration of the Mosrite. All the air time was spent on the Pepsi machine and bank sign. idn_smilie.gif The Mosrite came out looking like new though. They also never said what she paid for it.

I hadnt really thought of that but youre right. Very little background at all, unlike other items they restore.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by matt rhoades View Post
That was a great a job. Man he has a hot mom to.
Did you happen to notice the writing on her T-shirt? It said something like "I Was Restored At . . . " My hunch that indeed, she's a restoration in herself. But I ain't complaining wink.gif

Yeah, I watched it last night after seeing your thread. I would have been spazzing over that guitar a lot more than that kid was, and of course I'd be showing a whole lot more luv to Mom love.gif

But it was still somewhat interesting to see even if it did lack details. I was wondering if it should have been left "as is", but it did look mint after the restoration so I thought it was still uber cool. Gee, I'd like a mommie like that, especially now that I'm 55 redface.gif

Archived