X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most out of character gear you ever owned

I'm 50 and while I love a lot of 80s hard rock, its not what I play when I play. Having said that, I owned this Fender M-80 Pro half stack right after I started playing. Got it dirt cheap at a pawn shop for $180. Bastard was LOUD. I think I've owned the whole M-80 line at one point or another, but this was the craziest. Anything over two made my ears ring for a half hour.

I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Yeah, I've done the same sorta stuff.

Bought and traded off a Randy Rhoads Pro. But only because I looked a bit lumpy in the matching spandex.

And I also own a JCM2000/DSL100 w 4x12 that I doubt I'd buy again. The first time I cranked it up, my **************************** neighbor was calling me to turn it down within 20 minutes.

I recently did a neighborhood gig and it was interesting for me (as a home hobbyist player) to really get a chance to see how little amp it takes to keep up in a mix of drums, harmonica, bass player, 2 keyboardists, another guitar player, lead singer and thump bucket player.
    A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Yeah, I've done the same sorta stuff.

Bought and traded off a Randy Rhoads Pro. But only because I looked a bit lumpy in the matching spandex.

And I also own a JCM2000/DSL100 w 4x12 that I doubt I'd buy again. The first time I cranked it up, my **************************** neighbor was calling me to turn it down within 20 minutes.

I recently did a neighborhood gig and it was interesting for me (as a home hobbyist player) to really get a chance to see how little amp it takes to keep up in a mix of drums, harmonica, bass player, 2 keyboardists, another guitar player, lead singer and thump bucket player.
      A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
      HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
      Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
      I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

In the early 1970's I owned a 105 watt Univox tube amp with a cab full of eight 10 inch speakers. This was situated in the tiny living room of our one-bedroom rented house.

I could barely play a barre chord at the time, but I'm more of a new age fingerpicker than any sort of rocker. This thing was the musical equivalent of shooting rabbits with an elephant gun.

Photo of this monster later.

Comment

In the early 1970's I owned a 105 watt Univox tube amp with a cab full of eight 10 inch speakers. This was situated in the tiny living room of our one-bedroom rented house.

I could barely play a barre chord at the time, but I'm more of a new age fingerpicker than any sort of rocker. This thing was the musical equivalent of shooting rabbits with an elephant gun.

Photo of this monster later.

Comment

A Strat...only Robert Cray can play one.

Comment

A Strat...only Robert Cray can play one.

Comment

Probably this one. I like Fenders, passive pickups and bright colors, but this might be the only guitar I've ever really missed.
                I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

Probably this one. I like Fenders, passive pickups and bright colors, but this might be the only guitar I've ever really missed.
                  I'm in a band called Little Sluggers. Signature.

Comment

I owned a Les Paul Jr with a 498 humbucker for a while.

Great little rock guitar but that's not what I play.
                    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

I owned a Les Paul Jr with a 498 humbucker for a while.

Great little rock guitar but that's not what I play.
                      We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

This is coming in on Friday and I am salivating at the thought of getting my hands on it.

Never owned a Floyd, let alone a Charvel. Not 'me' at all, but I love the way it looks.

Seller's pic. Expect a NGD post this weekend.
                        Please take a moment to check out my podcast, Two Average Dicks. Thank you.

Comment

This is coming in on Friday and I am salivating at the thought of getting my hands on it.

Never owned a Floyd, let alone a Charvel. Not 'me' at all, but I love the way it looks.

Seller's pic. Expect a NGD post this weekend.
                          Please take a moment to check out my podcast, Two Average Dicks. Thank you.

Comment

For a brief while I had an ADA MP whatever preamp setup, with a bridged 300 watt power amp driving a 2x12 cabinet.

Pretty extreme for playing along with my CD player in the family room, but on the other hand, I

sounded

a

GOD.

To my dogs.
                            LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Comment

For a brief while I had an ADA MP whatever preamp setup, with a bridged 300 watt power amp driving a 2x12 cabinet.

Pretty extreme for playing along with my CD player in the family room, but on the other hand, I

sounded

a

GOD.

To my dogs.
                              LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Comment

Working...
                              X