Led Zeppelin are going to be on Letterman tonight

theManfromAlabam

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr. moon

View Post

Here's (at least part of) the interview. Must have been prerecorded last week or something, as it's about an hour before the show goes on here.

Crap, non musical guest...just three old Brits, all having a strange sense of humor.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nuke_diver

View Post

I thought I heard that this was going to air on the day after xmas. If utube clip above air last night maybe they are going to play later idn_smilie.gif

Page, Plant & Jones appeared on Letterman to promote the Celebration Day discs. So far, there have been no announcements, nor plans, for Zep to play live anywhere.

Robert Plant has explained that, while the 2007 Zep reunion concert was a success, he would have difficulty keeping his voice healthy doing that material on a tour. Keep in mind, Plant had some issues keeping his voice healthy doing the Zep material even when he was young. I think the music he's done in the later part of his career has been less demanding on his pipes.

• Members

Yes, I think this is true. I saw him a few years back with the Band of Joy (Buddy Miller/Patty Griffin). They did great versions of a few of the old Led Zepp tunes but at several points it was clear that Plant was getting some help on the high notes. As he went up, his voice sounded more and more electronic, as if someone at the board was turning up the auto-tune.

This is not at all to diss RP. In fact, with the exception of a little digital enhancement at the upper end, his voice was really impressive. The Americana music he's doing now may be less demanding on his voice, but it is still first-rate stuff, and he hasn't lost a step as an entertainer. RP is a very charismatic performer; the only person I've ever seen who is his equal in this regard was Sinatra.

• Members

I was mulling over posting something like this ^^^^^^^^^^

why not do the research about the people you are interviewing....unless the show is only about you and your smart remarks.

Surely a staffer would have been able to give the dick a cribsheet with history, names, influences etc if thats what he wanted to talk about.

Another victory for the cults of Ignorance and ME.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jack

View Post

Yes, I think this is true. I saw him a few years back with the Band of Joy (Buddy Miller/Patty Griffin). They did great versions of a few of the old Led Zepp tunes but at several points it was clear that Plant was getting some help on the high notes. As he went up, his voice sounded more and more electronic, as if someone at the board was turning up the auto-tune.

This is not at all to diss RP. In fact, with the exception of a little digital enhancement at the upper end, his voice was really impressive. The Americana music he's doing now may be less demanding on his voice, but it is still first-rate stuff, and he hasn't lost a step as an entertainer. RP is a very charismatic performer; the only person I've ever seen who is his equal in this regard was Sinatra.

Could be. Possible could be a ghost singer as well. It's more common in the pop world but does creep over to rock (if you believe the rumors). They just hire a singer that sounds similar, and have them sing in real time in a booth back stage somewhere. When it gets to tough parts (usually pop singers who have to dance at the same time) then they just mix in the ghost singer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49

View Post

why not do the research about the people you are interviewing....unless the show is only about you and your smart remarks.

Surely a staffer would have been able to give the dick a cribsheet with history, names, influences etc if thats what he wanted to talk about.

Another victory for the cults of Ignorance and ME.

"Did you guys ever get together with the Stones, or the Who, or the Kinks, just to make music?"

Stony silence before JPJ pipes in.

Dave, you iggernent fool, page and jones either played or arranged very important tunes in their early catalogues.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49

View Post

I imagine it was definitely more about "Dave's style". Bringing up John Bonham is somewhat of a "no win". You'd either come across disingenuously canonizing someone you obviously didn't personally or even technically know or coming across somewhat dismissive. I believe Keef referred to him as "a bit heavy handed". I get Dave.

That being said, I fell asleep about half way through it. boring.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

I imagine it was definitely more about "Dave's style". Bringing up John Bonham is somewhat of a "no win". You'd either come across disingenuously canonizing someone you obviously didn't personally or even technically know or coming across somewhat dismissive. I believe Keef referred to him as "a bit heavy handed". I get Dave.

That being said, I fell asleep about half way through it. boring.gif

certainly not a win when you cannot be bothered to remember the drummers name when you bring up the subject.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by danswon

View Post

"the drummer died" says Letterman. His name was John Bonham you dick. He's only the most famous drummer of all time. I've never liked David Letterman

Letterman Blows.

I wouldn't trade one John Bonham for a THOUSAND Dave Lettermans.

Archived