Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Led Zeppelin are going to be on Letterman tonight

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Led Zeppelin are going to be on Letterman tonight

    What time does is that show on?
    Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
    1st generation Irish

  • #2
    The shows on at 11:35 Eastern, but the guide shows the musical guest as "Paloma Faith"(?) ...

    Comment


    • #3






      Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC
      View Post

      The shows on at 11:35 Eastern, but the guide shows the musical guest as "Paloma Faith"(?) ...




      Well according to my best friend via facebook....we're gettin old so maybe he is wrong?
      Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
      1st generation Irish

      Comment


      • #4
        Here's (at least part of) the interview. Must have been prerecorded last week or something, as it's about an hour before the show goes on here.





        px;paddingpx;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }" />


        www.soundclick.com/mrmoon


        Good deals with:
        cosmonautsix
        mazibee
        battery198

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by mr. moon
          View Post

          Here's (at least part of) the interview. Must have been prerecorded last week or something, as it's about an hour before the show goes on here.





          px;paddingpx;" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(' div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('d iv')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show Spoiler'; }" />






          Crap, non musical guest...just three old Brits, all having a strange sense of humor.
          Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
          1st generation Irish

          Comment


          • #6
            Is the full interview somewhere?
            One, two, five!
            Rangemaster build thread
            Telecaster build thread

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0hbtVIfMgs




              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0hbtVIfMgs
              I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me."...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished." ~ Rod LiddleJROCKBRIDGE MUSIC

              Comment


              • #8
                Those guys are still awesome! -Adam
                Originally Posted by nicholai


                He seems to like bacon a lot......









                Originally Posted by Luigi


                Jesus probably doesn't love everyone, especially ****************************s. He probably wants to punch them but He won't. That's what makes him Jesus.









                Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie


                ...we should be talking about the national debt, the number of incarcerated citizens in this country(the prison industrial complex), the military industrial complex, the so called war on drugs and corporations/banks that are running over people and buying our politicians...

                Comment


                • #9
                  I thought I heard that this was going to air on the day after xmas. If utube clip above air last night maybe they are going to play later
                  Originally Posted by Frets99
                  I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....



                  Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
                  HCGB #251
                  Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
                  Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
                  Some Pedals

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by nuke_diver
                    View Post

                    I thought I heard that this was going to air on the day after xmas. If utube clip above air last night maybe they are going to play later




                    Page, Plant & Jones appeared on Letterman to promote the Celebration Day discs. So far, there have been no announcements, nor plans, for Zep to play live anywhere.



                    Robert Plant has explained that, while the 2007 Zep reunion concert was a success, he would have difficulty keeping his voice healthy doing that material on a tour. Keep in mind, Plant had some issues keeping his voice healthy doing the Zep material even when he was young. I think the music he's done in the later part of his career has been less demanding on his pipes.
                    I don't give a d.a.m.n about hypes, fanclubs or tonal religions. All I care about is what works for me."...it's not religion that's the problem, but any system of thought that insists that one group of people are inviolably in the right, whereas the others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished." ~ Rod LiddleJROCKBRIDGE MUSIC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes, I think this is true. I saw him a few years back with the Band of Joy (Buddy Miller/Patty Griffin). They did great versions of a few of the old Led Zepp tunes but at several points it was clear that Plant was getting some help on the high notes. As he went up, his voice sounded more and more electronic, as if someone at the board was turning up the auto-tune.



                      This is not at all to diss RP. In fact, with the exception of a little digital enhancement at the upper end, his voice was really impressive. The Americana music he's doing now may be less demanding on his voice, but it is still first-rate stuff, and he hasn't lost a step as an entertainer. RP is a very charismatic performer; the only person I've ever seen who is his equal in this regard was Sinatra.
                      Jersey Jack

                      Gibson J45 & Hummingbird
                      Martin 000-28
                      Deering Sierra Banjo

                      "If you don’t like Springsteen that means you don’t like Woody Guthrie, which means you don’t like songs." Justin Townes Earle

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Diamanda Gal
                        GUITARS
                        1991 Telecaster Plus with Tremelo (Modified)
                        1988 Gibson Showcase Edition Les Paul BLK/SILV
                        2007 Sunburst Flame Top Gibson Les Paul Standard
                        2012 Fender FSR Blacktop Ash Telecaster Sunset Orange/Gold


                        AMPS
                        Orange TH30, Marshall DSL40C

                        Effects
                        Fulltone CF-1, Moollon Apuarius(Delay), Carl Martin PlexiTone 2, Carl Martin AC-Tone 2, Dunlop chrome Wah,

                        Cabinet
                        Marshall JCM 1960B 4x12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "the drummer died" says Letterman. His name was John Bonham you dick. He's only the most famous drummer of all time. I've never liked David Letterman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was mulling over posting something like this ^^^^^^^^^^



                            why not do the research about the people you are interviewing....unless the show is only about you and your smart remarks.



                            Surely a staffer would have been able to give the dick a cribsheet with history, names, influences etc if thats what he wanted to talk about.



                            Another victory for the cults of Ignorance and ME.
                            Rules for a Happy Life:
                            Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                            I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.





                            Originally Posted by aenemated
                            doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom



                            6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                            Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jack
                              View Post

                              Yes, I think this is true. I saw him a few years back with the Band of Joy (Buddy Miller/Patty Griffin). They did great versions of a few of the old Led Zepp tunes but at several points it was clear that Plant was getting some help on the high notes. As he went up, his voice sounded more and more electronic, as if someone at the board was turning up the auto-tune.



                              This is not at all to diss RP. In fact, with the exception of a little digital enhancement at the upper end, his voice was really impressive. The Americana music he's doing now may be less demanding on his voice, but it is still first-rate stuff, and he hasn't lost a step as an entertainer. RP is a very charismatic performer; the only person I've ever seen who is his equal in this regard was Sinatra.




                              Could be. Possible could be a ghost singer as well. It's more common in the pop world but does creep over to rock (if you believe the rumors). They just hire a singer that sounds similar, and have them sing in real time in a booth back stage somewhere. When it gets to tough parts (usually pop singers who have to dance at the same time) then they just mix in the ghost singer.

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X