Very strange.
    - Gibson ES-335
    - Gibson Hummingbird
    - Fender Strat MIM
    - Ovation Tangent & Tangent Bass
    - Vox AC15C1 - British Racing Green

F-Holes

Originally Posted by GreatDane

the player plays, but the instrument should inspire.

I just...what?
    dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

- Gibson ES-335
      - Gibson Hummingbird
      - Fender Strat MIM

F-Holes

Comment

It looks like they're going for a sort of hard rockabilly vibe. Not sure how big the market is for those, but hey - I bet people will like this better than their last big, new idea.
        Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

I'm usually cool with Gibson coming out with new designs, but I'll be completely honest here: I absolutely hate it. It looks like a Schecter that somebody put a vibrola on. Seriously, what the **************** is up with that black one?

It's thin too. It's an abomination. I'm all for new ideas, but what the actual ****************?
          dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

Looks like there is a condom on the tremelo bar. All sorts of nope.
            **************** detuning, I'm gonna start using a capo when I play my speed metal. WHEEDLY WHEEDLY WHEEEE!!!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx
              View Post

I'm usually cool with Gibson coming out with new designs, but I'll be completely honest here: I absolutely hate it.

Agree. 100%
              - Gibson ES-335
              - Gibson Hummingbird
              - Fender Strat MIM

F-Holes

Comment

Looks like an ugly & pointy version my Kramer NightRider (also a Gibson product, btw).

they should've just made a Gibbo version of this instead:

Comment

That guitar must look better in person cuz it can't look any worse.

Comment

I like the look of the red one, but would really have prefered a high quality wrapover tailpiece than a vibrola, or at a push, a higher-end Wilkinson/PRS type trem.
                    http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Where are all those people who used to judge a guitar based on how it feels and sounds? Yeah, granted, it don't look like a strat. Now, is it comfortable? Does it sound good? The pickup combination looks promising. The neck access looks spacious.

Comment

I like it. Looks likethey are going for a modern semi. I might pick one up if they blow these out.
                        My Gear
                        Ibanez RG2570Z Prestige, Edwards LP, Gibson LP Studio, Gibson LP 60's P90's, Peavey HP Special, G&L legacy HSS, Fender American Sp Tele,Fender Dx Strat, Fender MP Tele,LTD 351NT, Taylor 310ce
                        Amps
                        Orange Rocker 30, Vox AC 15 and many pedals

Good trades with:
                        james reuter,bro blue,cody 4474,thesleepless,FredJr,used666,Twisty571,Cadfael ,Jim Hunter,Infragreen,Cyfan,lockbody,soholounge, pedmans,maltomario,wolfbane20,caeman,nd1337,ejendr es,mark nason,boonestunes, and many more

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flintc
                          View Post

Where are all those people who used to judge a guitar based on how it feels and sounds? Yeah, granted, it don't look like a strat. Now, is it comfortable? Does it sound good? The pickup combination looks promising. The neck access looks spacious.

I'm not asking for it to be traditional, I just find the thing entirely hideous. I also think the body would be uncomfortable.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

I like the black one. Just not $1400 worth.
                              HCGB #77

Member,
                              Squier Army
                              Rickenbacker Squadron
                              Gretsch Gang
                              Epiphone Empire

"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." - Les Paul, 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X