Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Advice for pickup replacement in a Classic Vibe tele

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for pickup replacement in a Classic Vibe tele

I'm looking to replace the stock pickups in my Squier classic vibe telecaster. I've decided on GFS Lil puncher XL Lead in the bridge, and a GFS alnico 2 humbucker in the neck. Since the Lil puncher is a single coil sized stack, it seems like I should go with 500k pots, but I've heard that it would be nasal sounding with those. On the other hand, the alnico 2 might be too muddy with 250k pots.

Suggestions? Advice?

I would not be surprised if that turns out to be a downgrade. Cv pups are pretty damn good for stock
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
    <b><u>My Gear</u></b><br />
    Schecter Corsair<br />
    TelePartsCaster x3 <br />
    Dano Convertible<br />
    <br />
    Taylor 114<br />
    Gretsch Americana<br />
    <br />
    Vox Pathfinder 15R <br />
    Vox VT15<br />
    Fender SCXD<br />
    Yamaha THR5<br />
    <br />
    <b><u>For Sale:</u></b><br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2974008-Seagull-acoustic-Gibson-electric-and-3-Duncan-pickups" target="_blank">Duncan Pickups</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2959286-BG-Pups-Tele-Rockwind-set" target="_blank">BG Pups Tele Set</a><br />
    <br />
    <b><u>Looking For:</u></b><br />
    Vox AC4C1 amp<br />
    Gibson 70s tribute minihum pickup(s)<br />
    </font></div>

Comment

It would definitely be less of a "real" tele sound. The stock pickups are not crap at all. I guess I just want to change it up, more output, less noise, etc. I'm certainly not married to traditional tele tone and I've always had higher output pickups. If I end up disappointed I'm not out much since they are so cheap.

Comment

I just finished installing this into my Hwy one & really like it so far. Still has tele twang but with more "attitude"

Comment

Is that a lil '59?

Comment

yup...

Comment

I have Rio Grande Muy Grandes in mine. I really like 'em.
              <b>Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):</b><br><br><blockquote><hr>Footfall wrote:<br><p>What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally &quot;overpacking&quot; this product.</p><br><hr></blockquote><br><font size="1"><i><b>Current Korg Gear:</b> KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2</i></font>

Comment

Take a look at the Micro Coils from Wilde. They are made and designed by Bill Lawrence. They are the best Tele pickup that I've ever played. They aren't noiseless but they are very, very quiet. They have the power of a humbucker but retain that Tele sound. Old Bill knows what he's doing.

Comment

i put a Lil Puncher in the bridge of mine, the stock was nice but i wanted more of a humbucker tone, than a fatish single coil, which is exactly what i got. I left the standard pots in and it sounds terrific. I also put a Dream 180 in the neck, which was probably not the greatest idea because even though it sounds lovely and full on it's own, it's totally different to the Lil Puncher and doesn't sound as nice in the middle position. I'll probably go back to the neck Lil Puncher.

Comment

Working...
                  X