Another Holiday Video for All Y'All

Burgess

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gardo

View Post

well done .

The only thing that bugs me is that I'm so far behind the times with recording technology

Great job

Thanks for checking it out!

Tracking these days is pretty easy and can be done so many different ways. Many guys use free s/w right on their PC's. A friend of mine can setup up a multi-track session at a rehearsal through some fire-wire deal before I'm through tuning up my guitars and the tracks come out perfect!. eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fretmonster

View Post

Informative and entertaining. Am, all white keys, mama didn't raise no dummy, hah! The finished product was slick - both the audio and the video. How does one insert writing into videos like that?

First of all let me say thanks! And yeah, Cmaj/Amin is your friend if you're trying to play keys and don't play keys. I'll venture into Fmaj a little and there are one or two more keys I'll risk on a limited basis but yeah, the white keys are very inviting.

As for the text, I used Windows Live Movie Maker and if you're on the Home tab there is a caption key that will up throw text that you can edit.

Let me warn you about this s/w though. I found that I couldn't save any of my work without crashing the program, very frustrating! I finally figured that I had to remove the music before saving the work. Removing the music let me save, then I could open the file back up without crashing the program and finish the video in more than one session. I lost a lot of time before I figured this out. Once you open the file back up it's a very simple task to add the music again and finish editing your video.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess

View Post

First of all let me say thanks! And yeah, Cmaj/Amin is your friend if you're trying to play keys and don't play keys. I'll venture into Fmaj a little and there are one or two more keys I'll risk on a limited basis but yeah, the white keys are very inviting.

As for the text, I used Windows Live Movie Maker and if you're on the Home tab there is a caption key that will up throw text that you can edit.

Let me warn you about this s/w though. I found that I couldn't save any of my work without crashing the program, very frustrating! I finally figured that I had to remove the music before saving the work. Removing the music let me save, then I could open the file back up without crashing the program and finish the video in more than one session. I lost a lot of time before I figured this out. Once you open the file back up it's a very simple task to add the music again and finish editing your video.

Good stuff, thanks for that. I used moviemaker to wed the song in my sig with an existing video, but couldn't figure out how to do much more with it. Sometimes I think my computer has been compromised in some way, I mean even on embedded Youtube vids I have to hit the Youtube button to play them. Anyway I appreciate your help with that, and like I say really liked your soundtrack and video.

Archived