Akai Pedal Fever...

steve_man

• Members

Yeah, I saw that video. It was pretty uninspiring, but I bought the Tri-Mode Overdrive anyway. $19 with free shipping, so what the hell. It's just a rebranded Biyang overdrive, but the Biyang gets great reviews by just about all the users here on HC in the User Reviews. I've pissed away a lot more on a lot less with ultimately not even a pedal to show for it.

• Members

Fortunately they don't fit on my pedalboard, not to mention, I already have enough dirt pedals. 4 of them on my pedalboard and another 3 or 4 sitting in a closet. Although I do plan on getting one of the Mooer rat clones at some point. I think I'm done buying stuff just because it happens to be a great deal....with a few exceptions of course. I tried getting one of those $12 Roland Space Echos but no dice.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat View Post
Akai been making pedals for years. Like their Deep Impact which can sell for up to $1500.00 .

I'm about to sell mine .
http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_saca...mplete=1&rt=nc
Whoa, never even saw that Akai pedal before. I'm going to have to store that in my memory bank in case I ever run into one somewhere for a cheap price. I would have just past it by before this.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
Whoa, never even saw that Akai pedal before. I'm going to have to store that in my memory bank in case I ever run into one somewhere for a cheap price. I would have just past it by before this.
Its only priced like that because its out of production and Chris from Muse uses it.

misc2.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
They are Biyang so I have no doubt they are good.

There have been several "boutique" builders whose operation was
to put epoxy over the innards of unbranded Biyang pedals, paint them
with wild colors, and sell them for 6 or 7 times the cost of a Biyang pedal.
I think that was Joyo. Are they the same company?

I had a Biyang fuzz for a bit. It wasn't particularly inspiring. On the other hand, GFS pedals are modded and rebranded Biyang, I think, and a lot of people seem to like them.

• Members

So do you think J&R is seeing all these hits to their Akai pedal pages and thinking, "Hmmm, with all this traffic, why aren't they selling?" icon_lol.gif

Can someone explain the math to me, as I must not know how the %123 price match works. How does a pedal listed as $49 at J&R, but $179 at M123 end up being $19 after the price match?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIKnow View Post
So do you think J&R is seeing all these hits to their Akai pedal pages and thinking, "Hmmm, with all this traffic, why aren't they selling?" icon_lol.gif

Can someone explain the math to me, as I must not know how the %123 price match works. How does a pedal listed as $49 at J&R, but $179 at M123 end up being $19 after the price match?
They match the price and subtract 23% of the difference.

$49 - ((179-49)*.23) = $19.10

• Members

Alls I know is that MF is selling pedals that come with gift cards worth more than the price of the pedal...

step 1: buy $50 pedal
step 2: get $65 GC
step 3: buy another $50 pedal + $15 wroth of whatever the hell you want using GC
step 4: get ANOTHER $65 GC
step 5: repeat FOR-EV-ER

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MatteK View Post
Alls I know is that MF is selling pedals that come with gift cards worth more than the price of the pedal...

step 1: buy $50 pedal
step 2: get $65 GC
step 3: buy another $50 pedal + $15 wroth of whatever the hell you want using GC
step 4: get ANOTHER $65 GC
step 5: repeat FOR-EV-ER
It takes two weeks to get from step 1 to step 2, and there is no guarantee the price difference will be the same by then.

Archived