New Gibson 2013 models at Sweetwater - whoa!!!

cbh5150

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why proof reading is good.

On the retro side, the 2013 Gibson SG Tribute Future starts off with a traditional 24-fret fingerboard, a lightweight mahogany body, and a set of '57 Classic pickups that give you timeless PAF humbucker tone. But that's where SG convention breaks off. For instance, the SG Tribute Future's bridge pickup is actually a '57 Classic Plus, which provides you with a much spicier, hot-rodded humbucker sound that's more suitable for modern aggressive playing styles. An asymmetrical '60s neck carve also bridges the gay between traditional high-speed slimness and modern versatility. And wait till you get a load of these funky 40:1 Steinberger Gearless Tuners. Are you ready for something different? Get your Gibson SG Tribute Future from Sweetwater!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer View Post
I Love the Gibson 490/498 pickups.

Not sure if i'm liking the EMG looking covers though.

ah i didn't see they were 490/498's. Yeah they are good pickups. It could have almost done with black bridge as well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by billythegoat View Post
On the retro side, the 2013 Gibson SG Tribute Future starts off with a traditional 24-fret fingerboard
WTF is traditional about a 24 fret fingerboard on an SG? confused.gif

At least they don't have the stupid giant pickguard Gibsons have had for years. Even the Epis had batwing guards.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Steadfastly

View Post

I can't remember seeing a decent pick guard on any Gibson. It shouldn't be hard to do but maybe they just figured it was best to leave it off and same a few bucks on each guitar.

What in the world is a "decent pick guard"? If you NEED a pick guard, you haven't learned how to pick, and you should practice. If you don't, then pick guards are cosmetic, and ALWAYS ugly. If the pick guard can be removed, you're in luck. If it can't (because all the electronics are mounted to it), you have a poorly designed guitar and you should burn it immediately.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Flintc

View Post

What in the world is a "decent pick guard"? If you NEED a pick guard, you haven't learned how to pick, and you should practice. If you don't, then pick guards are cosmetic, and ALWAYS ugly. If the pick guard can be removed, you're in luck. If it can't (because all the electronics are mounted to it), you have a poorly designed guitar and you should burn it immediately.

Ah yes, the "telecasters, stratocasters, les pauls, SGs, ES-335s and all other well known popular electric guitars, as well as D-28s and most known acoustic guitars, are terrible and you're an idiot of you like any of them" argument.

Archived