Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gibson 2013 models at Sweetwater - whoa!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gibson 2013 models at Sweetwater - whoa!!!

Holy CRAP! No wonder Gibby done blowed out a bunch of stuff - they got a manure pile of new stuff coming in (oh, and robots are back...sorta...):

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...=s:gibson_2013

etc.
    This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.See y'all at Wein's.

They added some gloss models,added some ETune on others and added some humbuckers on others and raised the prices from what I see...I like a couple of them
    89' Gibson SG Special w/Super D's (Ferrari Red)
    15' Gibson LP Special EX Pro (Honeyburst)
    15' Ibanez JEM Jr. (White)

Jet City JCA20 Combo w/ET-65
    Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 w/Vet.30
    Randall RVC5>2x12

Comment

Yeah, the SG Standards were bumped up $100 to $1299, but they now have '57 Classics

Comment

Looks a lot like "more of the same" to me. Gibson is either stuck with the tried and true, or they go ape-**************** and make some weird, ridiculous thing no one would ever want. I guess "more of the same" is their best bet.
        Signature...

Comment

why the pickguard hate by Gibson?
          The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
          Lou Reed

Comment

Wow. Those are some interesting options. Granadillo is still coming on the Studio while the cheapie "J" models have rosewood. Steinberger tuners on the Future models and Min-ETune on Tributes (supposedly on forthcoming Epiphones, too).
            "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
            and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
            -CS Lewis

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by peskypesky
              View Post

why the pickguard hate by Gibson?

Less time to drill the holes and now they can charge for them
              89' Gibson SG Special w/Super D's (Ferrari Red)
              15' Gibson LP Special EX Pro (Honeyburst)
              15' Ibanez JEM Jr. (White)

Jet City JCA20 Combo w/ET-65
              Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 w/Vet.30
              Randall RVC5>2x12

Comment

Why proof reading is good.

On the retro side, the 2013 Gibson SG Tribute Future starts off with a traditional 24-fret fingerboard, a lightweight mahogany body, and a set of '57 Classic pickups that give you timeless PAF humbucker tone. But that's where SG convention breaks off. For instance, the SG Tribute Future's bridge pickup is actually a '57 Classic Plus, which provides you with a much spicier, hot-rodded humbucker sound that's more suitable for modern aggressive playing styles. An asymmetrical '60s neck carve also bridges the gay between traditional high-speed slimness and modern versatility. And wait till you get a load of these funky 40:1 Steinberger Gearless Tuners. Are you ready for something different? Get your Gibson SG Tribute Future from Sweetwater!
                Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

Comment

unfortunate that the tributes all got bumped up a couple hundo

and nothing on the jr/special jr either
                    ORANGE AMPS
                    Good Deals

Winner "Best Multi-Amp Rig" 2012 BOTR

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

I never called myself "Love Panther" or "Commitment Panther".

Formerly known as Dolflundgren

Comment

That Jr looks sweet!
                      Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

I feel a lot better about the 70s Tribute Goldtop Studio I just bought for $509 seeing that the 2013 Goldtop Studio is 1549 and the 2013 70s Tribute Goldtop is $1349. Binding is pricey!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
                          View Post

Looks like a cat without ears.

Can't wait to receive my gold top studio.
                          Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

$1,399

$699!

Pickups look like EMG's but they are only black covers (498/490's)

$1,199 (with auto tune)

Looks like Gibson has a Peavey like auto tunning set up now

Comment

i'm digging the gritty look of this one, the price is kinda nice too. Not sure the pickups would be great but a swap is easy enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X