AKAI Drive3 Overdrive users - did yours come with the 2 additional chips?

LGK_Dude

• Members

Well my overdrive pedal arrived from MusiciansFriend today, I plugged it in and played for a couple of minutes and it sounded fine to me (need to mess with it some more to really dial it in, but for my first overdrive pedal for $50 + $65CG I cant complain.

However, mine did NOT come with any additional chips for the pedal as indicated from AKAI's demonstration videos. Anyone who ordered one of these pedals, did yours come with these 2 additional chips for swapping? I was actually looking forward to hearing the difference between these chips. Also, does your pedal rattle when shaken? Mine feels like the entire innards are shifting back and forth in the housing when shaken. Is this typical? This is only my 3rd guitar pedal, but my other two do not have this behavior, though obviously I'm far from an expert on pedals.

Thanks in advance for the help and reply.

edit: according to AKAI's website it was suspose to come with the chips:

The most unique feature of the The Drive3 Overdrive is that it ships with the famous JRC4558 drive chip but we also give you two other op amps and a user accessible port to further tailor your overdrive sound.
Guess I'll be calling MusiciansFriend. Would still like to know about the rattle. Should ask for a completely new pedal or just the chips?

• Members

Yes, mine came with the chips. I got it from Music 123 today. First impressions are good, very well built. Mine does not rattle when shaking. It's a bit heavier in the overdrive department than I really need, since I'm 95% a clean player. Not sure if I'll keep it or more it along. Certainly doesn't appear to be a cheap pedal.

• Members

what a headache.
I got the chips with mine but I ordered the overdrive and the distortion and I got the overdrive and the fuzz.
I just ordered the fuzz earlier today after they canceled my order the other day for the fuzz.
Now i have to see if they can stop shipping on the fuzz and switch it to a distortion.

Archived