No announcement yet.

Pleasant surprises

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant surprises

So I'm at Sam Ash today buying shipping boxes when I run across one of those cheapo Starcasters. Silverburst with rosewood fretboard one. I'd never even as much as held one before, but when I grabbed it off the wall I immediately liked the feel of the neck, felt just like the Fender Classic 60s strats I've owned. Really full and thick. No sharp frets, I'm liking it. Plugged it in just to make sure the electronics worked, paid the man $60 and out the door I went. Got it home and did a quickie setup and I honestly feel this thing is as good as a MIM standard Strat, of which I've owned at least a hundred. It even has decent sealed tuners. I figured I'd swap out the pickups down the road but through my amp at home I really really like them. They're hot but not harsh at all, just loud.

I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Sweet looking ax. Score!
    --
    Wagdog
    Check out Lunar Commander on:
    iTunes App Store
    Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
    iTunes App Store
    Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
    - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

For $60.00? A no-brainer for sure.
      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Thanks. Needs a good clean and a more thorough setup, but I couldn't be happier with it.
        I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

I've been eyeballing the single pickup, volume knob-only model...for those EVH moments

Seriously, if it looks good, feels good, plays good, sounds good...it's good.

Comment

worth it just for that color scheme
            HC GREAT WHITE OUT SURVIVOR 2012 , RIP those that didnt make it.

Rutles meet them , know them , love them , touch them
            http://www.rutles.org/rstory.html
            QUOTE=midnightlaundry Your ****************************, no help reply is exactly why I hate this board.
            Suspicion Breeds Confidence

Originally Posted by Django Sentenza

Watch out, there are some terribly bothersome trolls around here.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat
              View Post

worth it just for that color scheme

Truf!!
              Campbell UK-1
              http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
              https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

Yup. Full thickness body made of actual wood. No ply.

Comment

Looks great and sounds as if it's good too. Nice catch.
                  http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

A happy ding-dong don't lie. Sounds like a winning deal.
                    A-traders: cbh5150, zuzuman, Bro Blue, mtrejo, robotechnology, jsonnenblick, Highway_61, digi, RUExp, cptnmayonnaise, egnorth, xnatex, hz1952, Metalhead Mike, ProjectX, Gearaholic, A3C, joemudge4, vangkm, Mr JinX, Tweedledee, Moon Shadow, luke978, zuzuman, guitarman_nebr, raine36, stevestevens, xtchc1978, symmetry2170, GW348, jforsythe, young_grandma(x2), gibsfend, ogreki11er, BigF, JEHA, Big Happy, DataDeluxeRev, SnoMan97, gripside80, blind radish, Phillbis, detranova, big Idiot, super56k, Advv

Comment

A lot of people bad rap them, which I never understood. For the price (and $60 even better), I thought the played and sounded pretty damn good. Those necks were all over eBay at one time and were a real bargain for Partscaster builders. One of my favorite guitars of all time (which I stupidly sold) was a maple neck, butterscotch Affinity Squier Strat which was only one notch up the food chain.
                      "I've got a briefcase of thin air. I can play some tricks on you, pretend that I don't care." The Contrast

Comment

Working...
                      X