HCEG "Call to Arms" Help a Veteran

• Moderators

HCEGers, we have among us one who has served Queen and country in sandier lands away to the East, and who I think qualifies nicely for a HCEG assisted build

He has recently bought himself a Crafter (UK branded MIK or MIC) HSH guitar and we'd like to get some good pups in there, rewire it with new switch and pots etc and then get it back to him set up, and playing like wholesome dairy products wink.gif

So step up those of you who have:

HB sized single coils
Strat pickup (middle)
500K pots
Strings
5 way switch (although I may have a Schaller super switch around some where

Currently he's of the mind that he'd like the humbuckers replaced with single coils, but if somebody did have an assymetric meaty wound bridge bucker with 4 conductor wiring we could have a bridge bucker with an option to split, so parts, money via PayPal, wiring diagrams, thoughts and ideas are all welcome.

Let the process commence

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Dimarzio HS3 or HS2 I'd donate. It might need the leads extended slightly but it works 100% and I hear it will instantly make any player sound exactly like Malmsteen. Unfortunately it will make any player instantly gain 100 lbs.

icon_lol.gif

Not sure about HBs but I can throw in a couple sets of GHS 10s.

• Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by 7PlaGues

View Post

what parts did you still need for this build? I can probably help out.

As the neck pickup is going to be a black Pure 90 that Bryan is donating, the bridge is an uncovered DiM I'd like to go black on the hardware, so a black 6 point Wilko bridge and black Schaller style tuners are on the list.

Archived