Action Music in Falls Church VA has another customer (cool story)

chimi

• Members

So some of my co-workers have been gathering donations for a charity around here.

The plan is to gather specific stuff on the wish list of a few families to make sure they have a great holiday.

I glanced at the e-mail the other day and noticed it mentioned that a kid in one family plays guitar and loves music. For weeks now i've been too lazy to put my Indiana strat copy on craigslist for lack of playing it.

So i thought why don't i just give it to the kid? Win-win. Only thing i didn't have was a gig bag. As recommended by bjcarl i stopped by Action Music in Falls Church, VA to look at their inventory (which is SWEET by the way).

Told the guys at the counter that i will be donating a guitar to charity and would like to get a cheap gig bag to make it look more presentable. Not only did they find one for me but no one would take any money from me.

Very cool gesture and something that will go a long way towards making some poor Kid's Christmas that much better! Just figured i would let everyone know thumb.gif

Also figured i would share in case one of those guys frequents here (it is actually going to charity!)

I threw in a pack of strings, cutting tool, and a nice strap.

SNC14099.jpg

• Members

Oh god yes. They had a Malcolm Young Gretsch and a sweet looking Ovation electric guitar on top of some other really sweet ones. If i had the money i would love that Gretsch... But not until i find a much better paying job...

• Members

Good onya!

If everyone pays it forward just a bit the world would be a much better place. I'm hoping to be in a better position to do that sorta thing in the coming year. Have already done benefits for a disabled-inclusive sports program and a toy drive this year, would like to be able to give more to church/charity next year, with higher salary and (hopefully) less health costs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

View Post

Good onya!

If everyone pays it forward just a bit the world would be a much better place. I'm hoping to be in a better position to do that sorta thing in the coming year. Have already done benefits for a disabled-inclusive sports program and a toy drive this year, would like to be able to give more to church/charity next year, with higher salary and (hopefully) less health costs.

Brian i agree completely with your statement. As some people around here may know i have not had an easy year whether it be in my personal life or my apartment getting destroyed by Sandy. But you do what YOU can do to help others. Still there are always people that are worse off than you and i'm sure the kid will enjoy the guitar much more than i would have enjoyed the extra few bucks from selling it.

Archived