Can anyone identify the guitar McCartney was playing with reunited Nirvana?

epi56ebony

• Members

That was a crazy looking guitar Paul was playing. Something Billy Gibbons or Bo Diddley would play. It sounded like a slide guitar but he was using his fingers or did he have a slide on, I couldn't tell.

If anyone can identify the guitar Paul used I'd really like to know!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by epi56ebony

View Post

That was a crazy looking guitar Paul was playing. Something Billy Gibbons or Bo Diddley would play. It sounded like a slide guitar but he was using his fingers or did he have a slide on, I couldn't tell.

If anyone can identify the guitar Paul used I'd really like to know!

It was a cigar box resonator guitar. Not sure of the brand. Lots of people make cigar box guitars. Look on Etsy.com or eBay.

Here's one guy that makes 'em: http://www.deepcreekstrings.com/2008...-guitar-2.html

And another: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hoochbobble?ref=seller_info

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gtrjones

View Post

also, not technically a guitar. a 4-string, pretty short-scale, probably baritone uke. Who knows how it was tuned, probably some open chord...

I kinda disagree here...a cigar box guitar can be almost anything you want it to be as long as you can tune it properly...my CBG makes a perfect tenor guitar.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gtrjones

View Post

also, not technically a guitar. a 4-string, pretty short-scale, probably baritone uke. Who knows how it was tuned, probably some open chord...

I kinda disagree here...a cigar box guitar can be almost anything you want it to be as long as you can tune it properly...my CBG makes a perfect tenor guitar.

Archived