Feeling blue? Me too. (NGD!)

dmc69

• Members

So I went ahead and got it. I'm happy I did. Messing around with the magnetic pickups and piezo has been a blast so far. I don't think my Traynor YCV50 Blue has had a better match (BLUE! It was meant to be). Great useable sounds. And the playability? Too good to let petty cosmetic preferences deter me.
Still think it's ugly as a mofo though. Love the flame, hate the shape, DESPISE the headstock. If I close my eyes, I can pretend it is a much more beautiful guitar. Or perhaps I'll play it on a dark stage some day. Win-Win.

DSC01331_zpseba0d1aa.jpg
DSC01332_zpsdcbdbcfb.jpg
DSC01333_zps08eb487c.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
You'll come around, you ingrate. Parker's are beautiful. Functioning art as it were.
It'll take a lot of beer for me to think this one's a beauty. Lots of makeup and bling, but still hideous.
Les Pauls to me are beautiful to look at - but with beauty comes fragility. One wrong move, and it becomes a "head(stock)case".

• Members

What's it sound like? If I find my recording equipment, I'll do some sound clips.
On the neck pickup, not split, tone at 7, piezo volume at 4, it's a full sound with some nice high end clarity. Of course, this is only on one position (of the 13 possible combos) I've been tweaking so far.

Archived