Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone identify this guitar for me please?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone identify this guitar for me please?

http://youtu.be/TxZv3LDNFrw

The one that Jerry Cantrell is playing. I know he plays the G&L Rampage quite a bit but the headstock and pickup configuration does not look like it.

Almost looks like a pointy Yamaha, anyone have any clue?
    Originally posted by fu2jobu"1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. "FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782

Looks like an ESP to me.
    Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

Looks like an 80s Charvel -

rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Kuz929
        View Post

Looks like an 80s Charvel -

Closeups of the neck during the solo (no inlays) makes it look more like an ESP to me.
        Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Comment

Ahh you're right -

rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

What would be a good cheap alternative to a guitar that looks like that? Been craving something similar for a while now
            Originally posted by fu2jobu"1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. "FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chimi
              View Post

What would be a good cheap alternative to a guitar that looks like that? Been craving something similar for a while now

What's cheap? You can get the real deal for $599.

Comment

What model is that? And honestly i don't have a whole lot of cash to throw around at the moment.

Comment

M-II. There's one in black on GC's used site. You could probably find a cheap LTD version. The current models all have dual HBs though.

Comment

Isn't that similar to what the guy from Helmet plays?
                    Mazi Bee Militia!
                    JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                    PpP
                    My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chimi
                      View Post

Almost looks like a pointy Yamaha...

Since we now know that Jerry Cantrell is playing an ESP in that video, here is the Yamaha you were probably thinking of.

I don't have an online photo of mine, but, I've owned an Yamaha RGX-211 like this one for several years:

Comment

Working...
                      X