free lessons (licks) on my website - updated regularly

Santuzzo

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Santuzzo

View Post

Thanks and sorry. I did not think this lick would be causing any pain ... idn_smilie.gif

Ive never done string skipping so Im not used to it. This is a good thing though , im always trying to learn new stuff.

these licks are easy to play slowly, but deceptively difficult to play clean fast.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele

View Post

Ive never done string skipping so Im not used to it. This is a good thing though , im always trying to learn new stuff.

these licks are easy to play slowly, but deceptively difficult to play clean fast.

Yes, I agree. I myself also can't play them very fast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i got the string skipping one down. Cool lick. Its a great exercise even if you never use that lick or play that fast it helps with picking accuracy in general. Thats why shredders make the best teachers-you cant fake technique with shredding-those dudes know how to play clean , and they know thier scales.

its similar to a George Lynch lick, and who doesnt like George Lynch licks?

• Members

i got the string skipping one down. Cool lick. Its a great exercise even if you never use that lick or play that fast it helps with picking accuracy in general. Thats why shredders make the best teachers-you cant fake technique with shredding-those dudes know how to play clean , and they know thier scales.

its similar to a George Lynch lick, and who doesnt like George Lynch licks?

Cool :thu:

I agree. I am not a shredder, (even though I wish I was, but somehow my technique never developed past a certain speed, regardless of how and how much I practiced), but I do like many of the shredder player, some really awesome players amongst them. Talk about Paul Gilbert, Vai, Malmsteen, Guthrie, Vinnie Moore, etc.

• Members

yup love Paul Gilbert lessons. I still play his lick of doom all the time. he makes everything look so easy, That one actually is really easy but its great for finger strength.

Paul Gilbert is DA MAN in my book! :thu:

I can't believe he was only like 18 or so when he did his first instructional video...

Archived