Collapse
No announcement yet.

free lessons (licks) on my website - updated regularly

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lick: blues scale lick with alternate picking/string skipping / tapping.

go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE to check it out (it's Lick 7)!

Lars
    my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

check out my EP 'Sonic Sketches'

Comment

New update: this time I posted another jazz lick (minor II-V-I)

go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE. to check it out, it's Lick 8.

Lars

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

Comment

New update: this time I posted another jazz lick (minor II-V-I)

go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE. to check it out, it's Lick 8.

Lars

Comment

UPDATE: this time I posted a little country lick.

go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE. to check it out, it's Lick 9.

Lars

Comment

NEW LICK: just posted a fusion lick using a lydian#5 pentatonic scale (derived from melodic minor).

go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE to check it out, it's Lick 10.

Lars

Comment

UPDATE: I posted a new blues/rock lick.
              go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE. to check it out, it's Lick 11.

Lars

Comment

i got the string skipping one down. Cool lick. Its a great exercise even if you never use that lick or play that fast it helps with picking accuracy in general. Thats why shredders make the best teachers-you cant fake technique with shredding-those dudes know how to play clean , and they know thier scales.

its similar to a George Lynch lick, and who doesnt like George Lynch licks?

stuff:
                52RI Tele
                Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                more stuff:
                65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

i got the string skipping one down. Cool lick. Its a great exercise even if you never use that lick or play that fast it helps with picking accuracy in general. Thats why shredders make the best teachers-you cant fake technique with shredding-those dudes know how to play clean , and they know thier scales.

its similar to a George Lynch lick, and who doesnt like George Lynch licks?

Cool

I agree. I am not a shredder, (even though I wish I was, but somehow my technique never developed past a certain speed, regardless of how and how much I practiced), but I do like many of the shredder player, some really awesome players amongst them. Talk about Paul Gilbert, Vai, Malmsteen, Guthrie, Vinnie Moore, etc.

Comment

yup love Paul Gilbert lessons. I still play his lick of doom all the time. he makes everything look so easy, That one actually is really easy but its great for finger strength.

stuff:
                    52RI Tele
                    Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                    more stuff:
                    65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                    Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

yup love Paul Gilbert lessons. I still play his lick of doom all the time. he makes everything look so easy, That one actually is really easy but its great for finger strength.

Paul Gilbert is DA MAN in my book!

I can't believe he was only like 18 or so when he did his first instructional video...

Comment

I just posted a new lick, this time it's another jazz lick that works well over a Cmaj7 or Am7 chord.

go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE to check it out, it's Lick 12.

Lars

Comment

UPDATE:

I just posted a new lick:

It's a sequence using the pentatonic#4 scale. This lick is also a very good alternate picking exercise.
                          go to the lessons / free lessons section on MY WEBSITE to check it out, it's Lick 13.

Lars

Comment

Working...
                          X