What Say You?: Absolute Best Powered Pedalboard

Cobalt Blue

• Members

Your valued opinions, please: absolute best powered pedalboard?

Some criteria:

Not homemade

Powered (as previously stated)

Room for approx. six pedals (with a couple pedals possibly taking double the real estate)

Easily "revised"

Easy setup and teardown

Neat looking (hate cables going everywhere)

Aesthetically pleasing (sorry)

• Members

i don't believe in powered pedalboards. get the Pedaltrain of your choosing and either install a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 underneath, or use a Visual Sound One Spot.

Okay, that seems like excellent advice. Not crazy about the One Spot, though. Would you say that the Voodoo Labs PP2 is the absolute best choice for the power source?

• Members

Okay, that seems like excellent advice. Not crazy about the One Spot, though. Would you say that the Voodoo Labs PP2 is the absolute best choice for the power source?

i use a one spot. it's fine as long as you're only using 9v powered pedals AND they can be daisy chained. i have a few that don't like it.

anyway, i suggested the PP2 because Pedaltrain redesigned the bottom of their boards to accompany it. you can't use it on the Mini or the Nano because they're too small. but the Jr and up are all re-designed for it now.

• Members

i use a one spot. it's fine as long as you're only using 9v powered pedals AND they can be daisy chained. i have a few that don't like it.

anyway, i suggested the PP2 because Pedaltrain redesigned the bottom of their boards to accompany it. you can't use it on the Mini or the Nano because they're too small. but the Jr and up are all re-designed for it now.

This is all excellent and very much appreciated advice.

• Members

it's a bit of a spendy proposition, but all of the boards i've bought from Pedaltrain have been top notch. i usually buy soft cases and when i've contacted them about replacement straps (i've now broken two) they've always sent them right out. furthermore, they've upgraded their straps in the time i've been using them. great customer service.

• Members

it's a bit of a spendy proposition, but all of the boards i've bought from Pedaltrain have been top notch. i usually buy soft cases and when i've contacted them about replacement straps (i've now broken two) they've always sent them right out. furthermore, they've upgraded their straps in the time i've been using them. great customer service.

• Members

Just my 2 cents: Depending on your gigging frequency/situation, it might be worth it go for a hardshell case if you're going for a Pedaltrain. My Pro soft case's outer lining completely ripped at the top corner after it's second gig. Maybe I just got a dud, but I don't trust their soft cases anymore.

• Members

Just my 2 cents: Depending on your gigging frequency/situation, it might be worth it go for a hardshell case if you're going for a Pedaltrain. My Pro soft case's outer lining completely ripped at the top corner after it's second gig. Maybe I just got a dud, but I don't trust their soft cases anymore.

IMO the Pro is too big for a soft case. I use the Jr and the mini. Those are fine with it. Anything larger I would use with a hard case.

• Members

I have a Furman powered board/case. It has mostly done it's job, safely powering my pedals and protecting them, but I probably won't buy another powered board.

This one has been through lots of shows, and now is having some failures in the power section (mostly due to loose connections which cannot be tightened) and it always had a slight hum, especially when using the built in 1/4in jacks.

Powered boards are a pain because they generally use proprietary hardware, so when something breaks it can be a chore to get it fixed. My next board will be a board case sans electronics, and I'll add a power supply section (such as a Pedal Power 2, for example).

I tried to find a picture on MF of this model, but it apparently doesn't exist any more. Here's mine from a while back.

419350_10150589852237911_1289515009_n.jp

• Members

I have a Furman powered board/case. It has mostly done it's job, safely powering my pedals and protecting them, but I probably won't buy another powered board.

This one has been through lots of shows, and now is having some failures in the power section (mostly due to loose connections which cannot be tightened) and it always had a slight hum, especially when using the built in 1/4in jacks.

Powered boards are a pain because they generally use proprietary hardware, so when something breaks it can be a chore to get it fixed. My next board will be a board case sans electronics, and I'll add a power supply section (such as a Pedal Power 2, for example).

I tried to find a picture on MF of this model, but it apparently doesn't exist any more. Here's mine from a while back.

419350_10150589852237911_1289515009_n.jp

• Members

Kit, I like the idea of the Pedal Jeannie, but I', skittish about the way the pedals look "all askew."

So, I'm considering the following (with a nod to HIAR):

Pedaltrain Jr.

Leprechaun Overboard

Hard Case

Voodoo Labs Power Plus2

Anyone wish to tell me where I might be going astray?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEDALTRAIN-JR-HC-PEDALBOARD-w-HARD-CASE-PT-JR-HC-0S-H-/200493832237?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2eae5d182d

PT-JR-1.jpg (comes w/

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/eb/ebayguitars/PT-JR-HC.jpg

In addition to the Pedaltrain (above), this: Leprechaun Pedaltrain Overboard

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leprechaun-Pedaltrain-JR-Overboard-with-Pedal-Locks-/110907915272?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item19d2a07c08

$(KGrHqZ,!i4E1MLRQcsWBN(uYyLU4w~~_12.JPG

[video=youtube;iAbFta2jPjA]

• Members

Everyone makes fun of the SKB footnote, but it is great as a power source for 8 pedals (no noise at all) and it has a 5w Eminience speaker. It is absolutely great for late night practicing (headphone out, iPod input). I have one myself, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Of course I compltely dismantled it and made it fit my custom board. One of these days I'll post a pic. I'm redoing the board with all these BF pedal deals. Can't wat to get the DLSMIIK on it! SKB will be clearing them out, if not already...

• Members

I can highly recommend the Pedal Train & Voodoo power. (Voodoo makes a wonderful Uni-vibe too). I have the largest Pedal Train & it easily fits 17 pedals that include a Bad Horsie, Airplane Flanger, A/DA Flanger & Final Phase, all large effects. It's very sturdy & can be constantly reconfigured. The price is right as well.

Archived