Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare '52 Strat on Hardcore Pawn

Anybody just see this? They never showed it up close, just quick passing shots.

They offered the 2 guys $12k plus. I am sure that whole sequence was staged.

I dont think they even figured out they didnt build them in '52.

In another segment, Lex Luger sold his wrestling robe. He is off roids, and his

whole body is about as big around as my thigh. He did seem like a nice guy.
    Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

The body was marked 1954.
    HCGB Trooper #24

Comment

I live close to that store...
      dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

That show is as phony as can be. Like nearly all 'reality' shows.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba
          View Post

In another segment, Lex Luger sold his wrestling robe. He is off roids, and his

whole body is about as big around as my thigh.

Well, yeah
          Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

Here is the show. Maybe the guitar will end up on Pawn Stars. At least Rick would call in his buddy Jessie to appraise it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn1ZL6Vkaf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGLazwbQq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mGLGIKAEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUDpVBEsrs
            One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
            Three chords and you're into jazz
            - Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx
              View Post

I live close to that store...

Woah, I hope you don't leave the house without a stool and a whip

A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba
                View Post

Anybody just see this? They never showed it up close, just quick passing shots.

They offered the 2 guys $12k plus. I am sure that whole sequence was staged.

I dont think they even figured out they didnt build them in '52..

ya think?

there is no "reality" show on tv that is not staged or scripted and edited to death, whether its storage, pawn, swords, crab, handfishing, cajun something, choppers, jesse james, extended dysfunctional families, children of rock gods, Gene Simmonds, restorations and all the rest of the intentional mind numbers put out.

Desperate Housewives is nearest to reality.
                Rules for a Happy Life:
                Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.

Originally Posted by aenemated
                doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom

6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor49
                  View Post

ya think?

there is no "reality" show on tv that is not staged or scripted and edited to death, whether its storage, pawn, swords, crab, handfishing, cajun something, choppers, jesse james, extended dysfunctional families, children of rock gods, Gene Simmonds, restorations and all the rest of the intentional mind numbers put out.

Desperate Housewives is nearest to reality.

I think Anthony Bourdain is an exception. If you consider his shows 'reality' TV. The guy is too cool to go along with that ****************.
                  http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Into Nation
                    View Post

I think Anthony Bourdain is an exception. If you consider his shows 'reality' TV. The guy is too cool to go along with that ****************.

His comments when he was in Amsterdam were hilarious and obviously not scripted.

Comment

It's TV. It's entertainment. Some of it is interesting, most of it, isn't.

That said, the only show I watch with any kind of regularity is american pickers, and pawn stars on occasion.
                      --
                      Wagdog
                      Check out Lunar Commander on:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
                      iTunes App Store
                      Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
                      - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

I'd still like to know the back story of that guitar. The details of other guitars(such as Mary Fords SG on Pawn Stars) have come out in internet discussions but I can't find any info about this strat.
                        - Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone
                          View Post

I'd still like to know the back story of that guitar. The details of other guitars(such as Mary Fords SG on Pawn Stars) have come out in internet discussions but I can't find any info about this strat.

My thoughts exactly. There was no confirmation that it was even authentic.
                          Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

It looked like it could be the real deal. Those guys at the pawn shop are a bunch of tools. There is one guy who works there that is a musician,too bad they never bothered to ask him about it.

- Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by fuzztone
                              View Post

It looked like it could be the real deal. Those guys at the pawn shop are a bunch of tools.

Yeah, they and their customers always come across like they deserve each other.

I just occasionally watch that show when I'm in the mood for a good car wreck.

Comment

Working...
                              X