Suggest to me some Carvin pickups

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Conversation Detail Module
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest to me some Carvin pickups

I've decided to start saving for a Carvin, and I'd like to know which Carvin pickups sound the best for warm tones with a little grind. I'm not a metal guy, but I play anything from blues and classic rock to tool. I'm specifically wanting to go with Carvin pickups for now because if I can't get the guitar without swapping the pu set I'd be pretty happy.
    Good Deals with: Shred-o-holic (Bought his JVM410h), Chris39 (My Laney VH100r for his Tweaker 40, Boss Octave, MXR Classic Overdrive and 50$), Unclemeat (Bought his Legacy III), lots of others I can't remember.

I would recommend the C22B for the bridge position, and a C22J for the neck. I've never had a Carvin, but I've always gotten their catalogs, and those pickups seem like the best all-around pups they have.

I would go with a C22T and either a C22N or C22J.

I'd go with EMG's

I like the AP-11 single coils and will seek them out in the used market. Their humbucker pickups used to be a bargain compared to the other mainstream brands, but not so much any more as they are not much cheaper than Duncans or Dimarzios.

For the price point, I would much rather have a set wound by Rose.

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Quote Originally Posted by linthat22
            View Post

I'd go with EMG's

MIA Fender Strat / Gibson Les Paul Studio / Custom Telecaster / Washburn WI66 / Martin D15S / Guild D55
            Simon & Patrick Cedar

Id start out with their stock set, the C22B and J.
              My Gear:

2007 Carvin Bolt-T (NOW with Dimarzio Air Zone/Cruiser set)
              2002 Les Paul Classic (with Dimarzio PAF Classics)
              2003 MIA Standard Strat (with GFS Boston Blues)

1990 Randall Pro Tube 1000
              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Korg Pitchblack, Barber Tone Press, Bearfoot HBOD, Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz, Bearfoot Model H, Timmy, Mooer Eleclady, Mooer Ensemble King, TC Electronics Flashback X4, TC Electronics Arena Reverb