2013 whats in it for you?

realtree71

• Members

I havent made any selfesh "me" purchases for a while......... I'd really like a R8 or R9 or R0......... who knows maybe 2013 will be the year for one......

Since my 2 youngest are showing good signs of become musicians, the boy is a drummer and the youngest girl is a vocal maniac who is learning guitar............ I may have to add to the live sound area......

Also for 2013 I deff want to play out more with other friends.... maybe get more envolved with the church band.......

what say you guys?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just bought 2 guitars, love my amps and cabs so mostly likely will be putting together a pedal board but first i need to work on my recording and jam room setup. i also need a new central ac unit, windows and to remodel my bathroom but that stuff can wait, lol.

• Members

Gear-wise, very little. I don't plan any new guitars or amps, and I really like what I have now. I may pick up a pedal or something, but I may also set aside whatever little gear money I might spend to save for an AxeFX 2 or something similar.

That said, I'm going to the Orlando Guitar Show in January... might make a trade.

Playing-wise, I always set goals for the year. I haven't worked out 2013 yet, but I will try to continue to practice at least a little bit every day. I'm trying to heal some nagging tendonitis, so I might spend more time with the staff sheet and do transcriptions on paper for a bit. I'll probably also keep working on my ear, learn some more jazz standards, and keep writing.

• Members

Small giggable combo of some sort to lighten the load. I have been playing at a few retirement homes as of late and I have to make 2-3 trips to get all my gear in. I did have a Peavey Delta Blues that I got rid of just before all of this started but I feel it still would of been a bit large.

I would like to get involved with a band one way or another and start making money with music again. I am feeling a bit of a pull to get back on the bass. There is a savant-esque drummer in my town, I wouldn't mind setting up a bass and drum jam with him sometime. Plus he has loads of connections with lots of other great players around here.

• Members

I expect my guitar-playing to continue to devolve, though on a lighter note, there's a very real (but small) chance that I might actually begin to make a few bucks from my guitar designs....Hey! it could happen.

On other fronts, I'll likely get some stick and rudder time in a 1946 Aeronca 7AC Champ as I begin to pursue a Light Sport Pilot license in the late winter or early spring.

It's a crapshoot as to whether or not I'll do some serious damage to my driver's license by riding my ZX14.

We've decided to trade-in our 1997 Civic for either a Ford Fusion or a Hyundai Sonata as soon as our mortgage is payed off, which will probably be within a few weeks.

For musical gear, I would like to get another looper, a bass (maybe one of them new-fangled Retronix R800B's?), and educate myself in some home-recording efforts.

We're going to start to dabble in RC aircraft (again) in 2013, mostly electrics.

Ummmmmm............uh, what else?

Oh yeah, I'm going to get my 1974 Suzuki GT750 back on the road too. It's been sitting long enough.

Might design some new guitars, and take another try at combo amp design, or should I say 'styling', as I don't know electronics from Shinola.

• Members

Non gear wise I'm planning to get engaged and have the ring picked out.

Gear wise probably not very much for that reason..

I'd like a POG2, and if the strat to end all strats for me came along I'd probably get it, but other than that no gear at all.

I'm also planning to buy a house in 2013.

• Members

I'm going to once again make a pledge for

NO NEW GUITARS IN 2013!!

I did the same thing for 2012 and I guess it was successful -

I only bought like 9 or 10 facepalm.gif

But seriously, that's my goal for next year!

Stop it, just STOP IT!! mad.gif

We'll see.

I've just gotta start hanging out with a better class of people wink.gif

__________________________________________________ __________

All that BS aside,

What I'd really like to do is:

1) Buy chrome wire shelving so I can custom double-decker organize my collection and

2) If anything, just work on modding some of my guitars. I've got at least half a dozen guitars that have pending mods waiting for me to pop my cherry with the old soldering iron.

Archived