Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned a few Carvins. There is nothing wrong with their pickups, or their wiring. The only issue I've ever had is with their pots. Those are pretty junky, IMO.
    My Gear:
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
    Takamine acoustic
    Fender P-Bass

Comment

Own three and all sound fine. Copper shielding in the cavities and brass inserts for the cover screws. Who else does that ? Dont believe anything you read on the internet !!! Oh wait !! Scratch that... Dont believe anything negative about Carvin you read online
      <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
      and Guitars</div>

Comment

I hate their pickups.

Comment

I had the Fishman Active bridge and it gave me all kinds of grief. When it worked I thought it sounded good though. I had an all mahogany body which may have mellowed it over some of the other choices, but I didn't feel the need to change the pickups. Reliability on the other hand, was terrible. I sent it back and the ended up replacing all the electronics, including the volume knobs and pickup switch where were very scratchy.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by omni
            View Post

I hate their pickups.

It is a love hate relationship with the pickups. I like them. I tried an EMG 81 and a D'Marzio Evo in one of my Carvins (not at the same time) and hated them both. I put the stock one back in. Its all good.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
            and Guitars</div>

Comment

Th electronics are fine. I'm not a big fan of their pickups though.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="#696969"><font size="2"><br />
              <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2803327-Its-time-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-to-build-another-guitar." target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...nother-guitar.</a></font></font></div>

Comment

I think my switch can make a little noise when I switch all the way from position 1 to 5 quickly. Other than that no issues at all. Really smooth tone pot in particular, I find myself using the tone knob a lot. And I love the C22 pickups. They're super responsive, almost like single coils but with the output and bass of a humbucker. I play jazz, funk, fusion and some rock and they're perfect for that kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X