about these blockbuster Gibson deals?

realtree71

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only 'Traditionals' I've seen for $1199 are the all mahogany statin finished versions, not the real Traditionals. Although the did blow out the Traditional Gold Tops for $1399 and a couple discontinued finishes of the Traditional Plus for $1599.

They're just getting rid of discontinued models, limited runs, discontinued finishes for some models, models with alternate fretboard, etc.

• Members

Well, these blow-outs have been exceptional, and yeah, it might cause their sales to slouch a bit when they try to work their way back to normality. But a lot of the models on blow-out had the maple, obeche or Richlite fretboards. Now that they've got their rosewood supplies back, they seem to be dumping their "innovations/waves of the future". rolleyes.gif

That said, I bought a total of six 2011/2012 Gibsons with the alternative FB woods (5 BMs + 1 Rl). On 3 of them I got in on some pretty sweet deals, but on the other 3 I merely got discounted deals and not the crrrrrAzy Sam Ash deals. But I'm fairly happy with all of them - so far.

But Gibson is probably banking that there is some pent up demand for Gibson guitars once the BM, Obeche & Richlite is gone from their entry priced gits.

I'll be curious to see if they hang onto the BM for some of their models. I really didn't mind it and thought it had some benefits over cheap specimens of rosewood.

Personally, I keep hoping "I'm done". But I've said that before and then something comes along . . .

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

There are still baked maples out there. I think if the Custom Classics get blown out eventually, I'll be laying down the card for one.

They already did, and it looks like they're all gone (at least at Sam Ash and MF). They dropped them to $1599, which wasn't as big of a blow out as some of the other models, but it was apparently enough to clear out the inventory...

• Members

Oh wow.. didn't realize that was the discounted price. Oh well.. guess I won't be getting one of those. Not that i need it anyway. I actually bought zero Gibsons during that hoopla and I really wanted the Midtown Custom. I just didn't have the money to shell out. I did end up with a Squier Mustang and a BC Rich Mockingbird Classic Series (neck through) bass for

• Members

Funny the Gibson V I bought last week says it has a Granadillo Fingerboard on the guitar,,,But I was not sure
if that was true since I thought the guitar was made after Aug of 2011 when the FBI raided Gibson...
But I guess I was kinda wrong and looked up the serial Number and its a May of 2011 made guitar and
feel atads better I would hope with the Granadillo Fingerboard lol....

I wanted and still maybe want the samash deal of $1149 for the Gibson Traditional ebony,,Music123 gave me a price of
$1114.27 that beats the samash deal.
Now waiting for the MF guitar match and hope I will be able to use my 20% off MF coupon they sent me.
If Not I am sure there will be a after Xmas sale at Samash that MF will match........JT

• Members

Why would someone that can afford anything they wanted would not look for blowouts???
I bought my 2012 Dodge Challenger Msrp $39,000 and Invoice was $34500 and my Blowout with cash was
$31,900 last Nov of 2011.
Yes many have lots of cash and we still feel good about getting a deal babyyy.JT

• Members

i prefer baked maple on my Gibson. Im just mad I bought mine right before the blowouts, so I paid $850 for my 70sSG which are $599 or less now.

this is the first gibson I have purchased in over 12 years. I absolutely adore it, ive basically kicked all my Teles to the curb since I got it.

Im a dyed-in-the-wool Fender fan but I have enough Teles, so now Im on the hunt for some more SGs, or maybe an es335.

• Members

I wonder if the joke is on us, and Gibson planned to price all these blow-outs in the $500-700 range from the start. How is it that just about all the big retailers are selling the les paul jrs, traditionals, melody nakers, etc for cheap... and still have them in stock. This all started back in the middle of November. If it was just a few guitars left in stock, it would make sense, but it must be a huge amount of gits.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele View Post
i prefer baked maple on my Gibson. Im just mad I bought mine right before the blowouts, so I paid $850 for my 70sSG which are $599 or less now.

this is the first gibson I have purchased in over 12 years. I absolutely adore it, ive basically kicked all my Teles to the curb since I got it.

Im a dyed-in-the-wool Fender fan but I have enough Teles, so now Im on the hunt for some more SGs, or maybe an es335.
Where did you get it? Anywhere with a 30 or 90 day price guarantee?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
What would you guys say is the current best deal on a blowout Gibson?

I would prefer it be from MF, because I have a few bucks credit from them.
I just got a Les Paul Deluxe from zzounds via M123 for $1249...M123 had them for $1799, ZZounds had them for $1499...after the price match guarantee, it was $1249 and Zzounds matched the M123 price match biggrin.gif(MSRP was $3299 and I think MAP when the guitar came out was like, $2199?)

You could probably work something similar through MF via M123's pricematch...

Archived