Post Nominations for the biggest Gear Endorsing Whores (artists) & the gear endorsed

GAS Man

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow View Post
The word whore suggests that the artist is only in it for the money and would otherwise have nothing to do with the product they are pedaling.

So there is really no way to know the actual extent to which someone is "whoring" themselves out for endorsements.
Point taken. I didn't mean it that literally. A bit of literary license taken for the purpose of amusement.

Now if we can take the wet blanket off the topic . . wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
Can we pick more than one?

I'm not busting your balls, GAS man, but I'm voting Zakk Wylde! Great gear and a great guitarist, but it seems like he keeps losing relevance and still has his name on everything.
Definitely one of two I was thinking of

Read this one, it's kinda funny: http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guita...e-phase-501773

Excerpt:
MXR ZW90 Wylde Phase
Don't tell him we said this, but Zakk Wylde is a signature gear slut. We've had the Les Pauls, the Marshalls, the strings, the pug-ugly coffin axe, the wah, the chorus and the overdrive.

Just when you were half-expecting the Remington ZW1000 beard trimmer, the big man drops his spin on the MXR Phase 90. Maybe we'll give him a blank cheque and see if he signs that

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man View Post
Definitely one of two I was thinking of

Read this one, it's kinda funny: http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guita...e-phase-501773

Excerpt:
MXR ZW90 Wylde Phase
Don't tell him we said this, but Zakk Wylde is a signature gear slut. We've had the Les Pauls, the Marshalls, the strings, the pug-ugly coffin axe, the wah, the chorus and the overdrive.

Just when you were half-expecting the Remington ZW1000 beard trimmer, the big man drops his spin on the MXR Phase 90. Maybe we'll give him a blank cheque and see if he signs that

• Members

I'm also giving honorable mention to Kiss-specifically Gene Simmons but the whole band really...I'm sticking 'em in cuz I doubt anyone will bring them up. It's not that they have a bunch of signature gear, necessarily-they just have a bunch of signature EVERYTHING...
Oh yeah almost forgot about Gene Simmons... The kiss casket. They got all kinds of crap you can't even imagine.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
YEP it has to be EVH. Slap some stripes on it and sell it. shoes, shirts, mugs, picks, pedals, guitars, hats, beanie hats, jackets, limited edition signature guitar outside of signature guitar, limited edition signature guitar played in concert, signature amp, limited edition striped signature amp.
Gene Simmons FAR out-whores Eddie. Eddie at least stuck to music stuff. Gene has a casket, had comic books, a {censored}ty movie, action figures, etc.

He would put his name or likeness on ANYTHING!

• Members

George Lynch is pretty damn bad.

Neal Schon is pretty awful too, he goes from company to company like a vengeful teenage girlfriend. Spent years designing his les paul with Gibson only to promptly jump ship back to PRS, who made him a giant hollowbody with a floyd rose. WTF, Neal?

• Members
Is that Joe Walsh?
Ok, so it is Joe Walsh biggrin.gif

C'mon, man! He WAS #54 on Rolling Stone's list of the greatest guitarists of all time icon_lol.gif

(actually, he's a damn fine guitarist, but he's approaching the Eddie Money level of whoredom. Next stop, a Holiday Inn in Dubuque, followed promptly by a Geico commercial...)

• Members
Is that Joe Walsh?
Uh huh.

Seems like I often see him endorsing new brands. He seems to give his endorsements out more freely than even EVH. I mean, what has EVH endorsed? Kramer, Peavey, then his own EVH brand (I know I'm probably missing some)

But Joe I think tops it.

So Duesenberg
Carvin
There was something between Carvin and Duesenberg (?)
I believe he's also been connected with Gibson and Gretsch (?)

But when I see him endorsing a new one, I often feel sorry for the old brand, sort of like a cuckolded spouse. He'll be on the front page for a new manufacturer, while the old one is still hocking his last signature model. wink.gif

Ok, so it is Joe Walsh biggrin.gif

C'mon, man! He WAS #54 on Rolling Stone's list of the greatest guitarists of all time icon_lol.gif

(actually, he's a damn fine guitarist, ...)
Yeah, there's something about him you've got to love. I know he's said its come from just so much time with a guitar, but he looks like more of a natural player than most, and I love some of his stuff like, "Life's Been Good", "Rocky Mountain Way" and "Funk 49"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

I mean, what has EVH endorsed? Kramer, Peavey, then his own EVH brand (I know I'm probably missing some)

There was Ernie Ball/Musicman in between Kramer and Peavey. He also had his own signature 5150 strings for a number of years, an MXR phase 90, and other various little things.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son View Post
There was Ernie Ball/Musicman in between Kramer and Peavey.
Indeed, how could I have forgotten facepalm.gif

I remember coming damn close to buying a Wolfie with a flame top back in the earlier 90s, but I'm not even sure if that was at the end of the Ernie Ball period or beginning of the Peavey era.

Seems like he should have stuck with Music Man/Ernie Ball. The stability of that endorsement lends credence to the line when you see folks like Steve Lukather and Steve Morse sticking with them. It tends to say, "This IS a quality instrument and THIS is my ideal guitar". EVH's jumping around makes you think he was more interested in who would cut him the best deal and tickle his gonads the most. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

View Post

There was Ernie Ball/Musicman in between Kramer and Peavey. He also had his own signature 5150 strings for a number of years, an MXR phase 90, and other various little things.

Shoes...don't forget the EVH shoesicon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by willyburger View Post
"I've always been attracted to this color, Sea Foam Green. It has a nostalgic overtone to it and it makes a beautiful color for a Jem. The frequency of the color resonates with the creamy tone of the guitar." -- Steve Vai

jem.gif
Good call on Vai...anyone who'd put his own blood in the paint of a sig guitar is definitely in a league of his own...

Archived