Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Nominations for the biggest Gear Endorsing Whores (artists) & the gear endorsed

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Nominations for the biggest Gear Endorsing Whores (artists) & the gear endorsed

I've got one guy in mind whose face I seem to see popping up on countless manufacturers websites, but I'll let other forumites get first crack at this topic.
    A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

The word whore suggests that the artist is only in it for the money and would otherwise have nothing to do with the product they are pedaling.

So there is really no way to know the actual extent to which someone is "whoring" themselves out for endorsements.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

Can we pick more than one?

I'm not busting your balls, GAS man, but I'm voting Zakk Wylde! Great gear and a great guitarist, but it seems like he keeps losing relevance and still has his name on everything.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow
        View Post

The word whore suggests that the artist is only in it for the money and would otherwise have nothing to do with the product they are pedaling.

So there is really no way to know the actual extent to which someone is "whoring" themselves out for endorsements.

Point taken. I didn't mean it that literally. A bit of literary license taken for the purpose of amusement.

Now if we can take the wet blanket off the topic . .

Comment

EVH

"Scalloped & Stickered"
          A Colled One & A Rold One!
          Proud DOA Member
          PpP
          Epi,Hamer,Squier,70's Hdstk Thingies,both MB/M's

Comment

Dave Mustaine

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
              View Post

Can we pick more than one?

I'm not busting your balls, GAS man, but I'm voting Zakk Wylde! Great gear and a great guitarist, but it seems like he keeps losing relevance and still has his name on everything.

Definitely one of two I was thinking of

Read this one, it's kinda funny: http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guita...e-phase-501773

Excerpt:

MXR ZW90 Wylde Phase

Don't tell him we said this, but Zakk Wylde is a signature gear slut. We've had the Les Pauls, the Marshalls, the strings, the pug-ugly coffin axe, the wah, the chorus and the overdrive.

Just when you were half-expecting the Remington ZW1000 beard trimmer, the big man drops his spin on the MXR Phase 90. Maybe we'll give him a blank cheque and see if he signs that

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                View Post

Definitely one of two I was thinking of

Read this one, it's kinda funny: http://www.musicradar.com/gear/guita...e-phase-501773

Excerpt:

MXR ZW90 Wylde Phase

Don't tell him we said this, but Zakk Wylde is a signature gear slut. We've had the Les Pauls, the Marshalls, the strings, the pug-ugly coffin axe, the wah, the chorus and the overdrive.

Just when you were half-expecting the Remington ZW1000 beard trimmer, the big man drops his spin on the MXR Phase 90. Maybe we'll give him a blank cheque and see if he signs that

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                  View Post

I'm also giving honorable mention to Kiss-specifically Gene Simmons but the whole band really...I'm sticking 'em in cuz I doubt anyone will bring them up. It's not that they have a bunch of signature gear, necessarily-they just have a bunch of signature EVERYTHING...

Oh yeah almost forgot about Gene Simmons... The kiss casket. They got all kinds of crap you can't even imagine.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JVH
                    View Post

YEP it has to be EVH. Slap some stripes on it and sell it. shoes, shirts, mugs, picks, pedals, guitars, hats, beanie hats, jackets, limited edition signature guitar outside of signature guitar, limited edition signature guitar played in concert, signature amp, limited edition striped signature amp.

Gene Simmons FAR out-whores Eddie. Eddie at least stuck to music stuff. Gene has a casket, had comic books, a ****************ty movie, action figures, etc.

He would put his name or likeness on ANYTHING!
                    Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Okay, here's the one that cracks me up - love the man - and I do think he would fit DaveAronow's point of being sincere, but is there any brand of guitar he hasn't endorsed?

Second from left (I can't seem to lift the image)

http://www.duesenbergusa.com/

Comment

Can we include posthumous whoring of guitarists by companies and families? If so, Hendrix and Dimebag.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man
                          View Post

Okay, here's the one that cracks me up - love the man - and I do think he would fit DaveAronow's point of being sincere, but is there any brand of guitar he hasn't endorsed?

Second from left (I can't seem to lift the image)

http://www.duesenbergusa.com/

Is that Joe Walsh?

Comment

George Lynch is pretty damn bad.

Neal Schon is pretty awful too, he goes from company to company like a vengeful teenage girlfriend. Spent years designing his les paul with Gibson only to promptly jump ship back to PRS, who made him a giant hollowbody with a floyd rose. WTF, Neal?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by etawful
                              View Post

Can we include posthumous whoring of guitarists by companies and families? If so, Hendrix and Dimebag.

Beat me to it. I was going to suggest the Hendrix Estate and the Dime Estate.
                              Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

Working...
                              X