• Meowy
    started a topic I want to work for Taylor guitars

I want to work for Taylor guitars

I just tried calling them for support, and got this recording:

"We will be closed for a 2 WEEK BREAK starting December 24th..."

IDK, maybe the flip side is you work the other 350 days of the year

• sfarfsky
    replied
    I toured the place. The employee turnover is pretty low. I sure wouldn't want to work in a wood shop breathing in dust and finish all day

Leave a comment:

• sfarfsky
    replied
    bitter old hags

Leave a comment:

• billybilly
    replied
    Teachers should get paid more, after all, they are the curators for the next generation. It should be harder to be a teacher too.

First year high school teachers here start at 55,000 a year, which is by no means poor. It goes up about 3,000 a year.

Leave a comment:

• kayd_mon
    replied
    I wouldn't say I'm a pauper, though I'm certainly not wealthy. Still, it makes enough for me to get by, and I even get to buy a guitar every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• RaVenCAD
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by kayd_mon
    View Post

Get a teaching certificate and enjoy two weeks in winter, one week in spring, two months in summer, every weekend day, and a few Mondays off here and there. Oh yeah, you can leave to go home by 30 every day if you'd like.

Problem is, you live like a pauper all year long. No money to be made in teaching.

Leave a comment:

• Preacher
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool
    View Post

That place just seems like a fabulous place to work. I love the online tours of their facilities, everyone looks happy and just making super guitars.

Wait, aren't all guitar companies like this?

Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Meowy
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool
    View Post

That place just seems like a fabulous place to work. I love the online tours of their facilities, everyone looks happy and just making super guitars.

and I bet the employee discounts kick ass too

Leave a comment:

• honeyiscool
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kayd_mon
    replied
    Get a teaching certificate and enjoy two weeks in winter, one week in spring, two months in summer, every weekend day, and a few Mondays off here and there. Oh yeah, you can leave to go home by 30 every day if you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• Meowy
    replied
    I completely understand the mfg side of it. I was surprised that customer service / corp offices shut down too

Leave a comment:

• edremy
    replied
    Very common in any assembly line- it's far easier to have everyone take off at the same time, and you can do mantenance/upgrades on your equipment. Ex-brother in law worked for Ford on the pickup line and he always had his vacation scheduled a year in advance, both summer and winter.

Leave a comment:

• JRicoC
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by RaVenCAD
    View Post

Not uncommon in manufacturing... closing the doors to do once-per-year maintenance that you just can't do while the plant is running.

Exactly. I'd be leery of a manufacturer that did not have such scheduled shutdowns. That being said, I've taken similar time off every year of my professional life ...

Leave a comment:

• John Backlund
    replied
    We're off from Dec 21st until Jan 2nd. The company I work for does this every year at this time.

Leave a comment:

• RaVenCAD
    replied
    Not uncommon in manufacturing. The manufacturing side of the company I work for has been shut down since 12/21 and won't open up until 1/7. A lot of the companies we supply are also down. Companies do it for a range of reasons, from the simple slowdown of the distibution network to closing the doors to do once-per-year maintenance that you just can't do while the plant is running.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X