I want to work for Taylor guitars

Meowy

• Members

Not uncommon in manufacturing. The manufacturing side of the company I work for has been shut down since 12/21 and won't open up until 1/7. A lot of the companies we supply are also down. Companies do it for a range of reasons, from the simple slowdown of the distibution network to closing the doors to do once-per-year maintenance that you just can't do while the plant is running.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RaVenCAD

View Post

Not uncommon in manufacturing... closing the doors to do once-per-year maintenance that you just can't do while the plant is running.

Exactly. I'd be leery of a manufacturer that did not have such scheduled shutdowns. That being said, I've taken similar time off every year of my professional life ...

• Members

Very common in any assembly line- it's far easier to have everyone take off at the same time, and you can do mantenance/upgrades on your equipment. Ex-brother in law worked for Ford on the pickup line and he always had his vacation scheduled a year in advance, both summer and winter.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

That place just seems like a fabulous place to work. I love the online tours of their facilities, everyone looks happy and just making super guitars.

and I bet the employee discounts kick ass too

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kayd_mon

View Post

Get a teaching certificate and enjoy two weeks in winter, one week in spring, two months in summer, every weekend day, and a few Mondays off here and there. Oh yeah, you can leave to go home by 3:00 every day if you'd like.

Problem is, you live like a pauper all year long. No money to be made in teaching.

Archived