Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood &...MICK TAYLOR!!!

OldGuitarPlayer

• Members

My Buddy is the drummer in the backing band for them for their 2013 TOUR. The band GUN opened for them in 1999 on their last tour and is opening for them again on this tour. I have known the drummer (Paul Mcmanus) since 1984 when he played in a band called LaPaz with the great Doogie White who sang on the last two albums for the great Ritchie Blackmoore and then sang for Malmstien, UFO, and now just got done touring with Michael Schenker. The rest of the Band LaPaz are all great musicians and are still rocking as well and will be coming out with a new CD in 2013 with all of the original members. My son is recording some brass for a track on the CD. Kind of cool how Pauly toured with the Stones in 99and now again in 13.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall

View Post

So, I waited 20 or so years to hear a bunch of guitar noodling. And Jagger is great but it is a bit like watching an old guy dance in place to conserve energy. But, hey, awesome for being about 70 years old. Awesome for grandpa.

lol @ your attempt to buzzkill.

That's ok dude...when ol' Keef ripped into the opening riff to Midnight Rambler last week in New Jersey you were still at home in your mom's basement jamming along to your harmonica backing tracks...icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesidae

View Post

Mick Taylor is awesome... the forgotten Blues guitarist. He really looked like he was having fun smile.gif

I agree! I had never seen MT more animated than in this latest reunion gig video. When he was with the Stones in the early 70's he just stood there in the back, head down, looking at his guitar....wailing.

• Members

I have seen the Stones many times (all Woods era) and when they are on they are on they are what Rock and Roll is all about. I have been a fan since I was a kid in the 60's and the Stones will always be my #2 band of all time behind The Beatles. Kind of weird how the band is defined by the second guitarist and their three chapters. As much as I love Ronnie I would put the Stones at being at their best with Taylor then Jones and finally Woods.I dont know how many guys are aware that Taylor was only 20 when he joined the band but as far as watching or hearing them live from that era it is not even close as he took them to another level.The Stones were notorious for putting out the worst live albums and they have had a slew of them with the exception being Get Yer Ya Ya's Out which is one of the greatest live albums ever and a big part of that is Taylor. Glad to see him making appearances with them these days as I know he left very bitterly over not getting song writing credits which I believe whole heartedly.

Archived