What did Santa bring you?

matt rhoades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought myself all the presents I got this year (mostly featuring Vox grill cloth).

THAT SAID, more importantly, this December, I realized I like my job, I like my roommate, I have a wonderful girlfriend, and I have a band that I'm really proud of and excited about doing more with. That's all I need, I think.

• Members

A couple CDs (bought for myself): Jimi's "Valleys of Neptune" and a killer live Lucinda Williams "Too Cool To Be Forgotten" which was taped from a live radio set just before Car Wheels was released. Jim Lauderdale is sitting in on guitar with them.

I got a $50 Guitar Center gift card, too, which I used to pick up a set of Cobalts (been wanting to try them) and a used MXR Custom '78 Badass distortion pedal. I'm more of an OD guy, but I did want one harder-edged distortion pedal on my board and that one sounded good to me, so it was hard to pass up for $40. I only got to play around for 30-40 minutes, but it sounds great.

Used a $25 Amazon card to get some extra 2.1mm cables for my Pedal Power and a used copy of Zappa's "Sheik Yerbouti."

• Members

No real gear. We lost 2 of our 3 dogs this year. My wife gave me a collage of Lamb Chop...

LAMB_PICS.JPG

And Leah - a husky that magicially appeared at my fence about 7 years ago.

LEAH_PICS.JPG

We had to put Lamb down due to heart failure 10/30/2012. Leah died on our bed 3 AM 11/25 - just after Thanksgiving holiday.

• Members

Bought myself a set of EMG X's for a Damien I'm redoing, a second strat style project that needs a total restoration, a set of 3X3 tuners for an Encore LP that I fixed, and hopefully trading in my 9mm for a new one. Wife got me a zildjian t shirt as I am also a drum whore.

Archived