Maxi love for mini humbuckers - the minihums love thread

Minnie The Moocher

• Members

Untill recently the P90 was my favorite pickup but since a couple of years I fell in love with the mini-humbucker (doesn't mean I'll sell all my beloved P90 guitars though! maybe a pair).

So this is a thread for all of you mini-hums maxi lovers, post yours!

Here's mines:

- 2012 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe:

GibsonLesPaulDeluxe07_zps15255101.jpg

- Epiphone 50th anniversary "1962" Crestwood:

EpiphoneCrestwood196250thanniversary01_z

- Epiphone 50th anniversary "1962" Sheraton:

EpiphoneSheraton196206_zps7db8a230.jpg

- Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera:

EpiphoneRiviera05.jpg

- Epiphone Wilshire reissue:

EpiphoneWilshirereissue03.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is NOTHING like the original 60's gibson minis w/ pole pieces. The Firebird minis sounded totally different.

. I have had Duncans, later gibson, etc in various guitars.. The old mid 60's epi wilshires I had sounded like nothing else... just incredible... bob

• Members

There is NOTHING like the original 60's gibson minis w/ pole pieces. The Firebird minis sounded totally different.

. I have had Duncans, later gibson, etc in various guitars.. The old mid 60's epi wilshires I had sounded like nothing else... just incredible... bob

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JRicoC

View Post

I have a guitar with stock mini humbuckers, but I don't understand the point of them other than for retrofits. Isn't a good mini supposed to sound like a full-sized model?

Definitly not! A good mini-humbucker is tighter than a classic humbucker, with biting mids and clearer treble.

• Members

View Post

I have a guitar with stock mini humbuckers, but I don't understand the point of them other than for retrofits. Isn't a good mini supposed to sound like a full-sized model?

Definitly not! A good mini-humbucker is tighter than a classic humbucker, with biting mids and clearer treble.

• Members

View Post

What do you have? Minis are generally lower output and brighter

• Members

View Post

What do you have? Minis are generally lower output and brighter

Archived