Help me price my guitars!

LOLRECONLOL

• Members

Looking to cut down on guitars, and need some help! I've never sold any instruments before, so it's tough to put a price on these. For example, how much should I be looking for before shipping? How much is it to ship a guitar? confused.gif Any help that you guys can offer is great! Oh, and if you're interested in any, I'll give you a HC discount. wink.gif

1. Epi G-400

2. SG MM

3. Squier SE

4. Squier VM Bass

Hwckq.jpg

• Members

The pawn shop by me sells Squier Strats for under $100. Epi SG's go for $150 - $200 depending on condition. You might get $200 - $250 on the MM. I'm not sure about the Squier bass. Shipping via USPS is typically under $45. That depends on the weight, dimensions, and distance that the package is shipped to.

• Members

For shipping the bolt on neck guitars, you can remove the necks and ship them more securely, for less, in a smaller box.

Those Epi sg's are a dime-a-dozen, I would guess $125 - $150, the others 30%-40% off of what the street price of a new one is - and that's if the buyer really wants 'em.

It's tough selling stuff right now, and doubly tough after Christmas.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

+1...the economy's crap right now...I see things on craigslist going for half what they used to, except really expensive collector's stuff, which never seems to sell.

If I were you, I'd wait til late spring or summer...the economy might be better by then, or people with tax refunds might be shopping...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cats-o-caster

View Post

200-300 for MM, sry to say, but the others are just a bunch of junk

Wow, harshfacepalm.gif

None of them are junk...a Wal-Mart Paul Stanley guitar is junk. Unfortunately, though, none of them will sell for what they're worth at the moment. As a bass player, I can tell you that the Squier J is every bit the instrument as a Fender MIM if you upgrade the p'ups...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wagdog

View Post

For shipping the bolt on neck guitars, you can remove the necks and ship them more securely, for less, in a smaller box.

Those Epi sg's are a dime-a-dozen, I would guess $125 - $150, the others 30%-40% off of what the street price of a new one is - and that's if the buyer really wants 'em.

Actually I recently (finally) sold a Vox VT15 on Ebay right after Christmas after listing it 5-6 times throughout the fall, BECAUSE the buyer had Christmas gift money to spend.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LOLRECONLOL

View Post

Looking to cut down on guitars, and need some help! I've never sold any instruments before, so it's tough to put a price on these. For example, how much should I be looking for before shipping? How much is it to ship a guitar? confused.gif Any help that you guys can offer is great! Oh, and if you're interested in any, I'll give you a HC discount. wink.gif

1. Epi G-400

2. SG MM

3. Squier SE

4. Squier VM Bass

Hwckq.jpg

What are they going for on Ebay? I assume you checked completed auctions there?

• Members

It is hard to say but I usually look at completed listings on ebay and deduct fees and list them at those prices on HCEG and CL. I think the Epi SG you could get $150-$200 depending on the condition. The MM somewhere bewteen $200-$300. You can still find those on amazon for ~$300 on occasion so keep that in mind. Squier Classic Vibe and Vintage modified seems to hold value here in LA so you can probably get close to ebay price for that on CL depending on what it is like where you live.

CL is a weird animal. I've listd stuff for well below ebay prices and it doesn't sell. it is really odd what people can be interested in sometimes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

You reckon? I buy from over there and sellers are begging me to purchase for next to nothing.

Just going by the 25-30 things I've bought or sold on Ebay the last 6 months. I've been more than happy with the stuff I've sold especially.

Archived