Eastman 610 dreams

coyote-1

• Members

I'm starting to think one of these is in my near future

front-1.jpg

My skills on jazz guitar are beginning to develop rapidly, and the limitations of my Robelli jazzbox are becoming apparent. In particular, the wolf notes on C are getting tiresome. And now the wiring harnesses inside have come loose, and repairing it is a PITA. It's unfortunate because, while it was a cheap guitar, it is beautiful to look at and the neck is superb.

Meanwhile, the Eastman's top is carved spruce (instead of heat-pressed spruce laminate) and it would still be around $1500. A store that carries them is about an hour away. So for the moment this is nothing but a dream, yet it has lots of elements that point to it becoming reality

• Members

I went thee. Turns out the store is a dealer, but does not stock them. facepalm.gif

How do they expect to sell what they don't stock?? If I want to order, I can do that online.... Sometimes, brick&mortar stores have only their own mismanagement to blame for lost sales

• Members

If you can try and check out the Godin 5th Avenue Jazz too. The store up the road from me had both the 5th Avenue Jazz and a comparably priced Eastman in stock the last time my jazz playing friend was in town and we both thought the Godin had the superior tone along with great playability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A change in plans.

No one around has one in stock. So I have ordered a piece of wenge and a pair of thumbwheel 500k pots. Gonna make a new pickguard that contains all the electronics so nothing but the output jack lead runs into the body. I'll live with the wolf note.

Archived