Any Ed Roman Love?

bjcarl

• Members
biggrin.gif Pilot short for an Ed Roman reality show!!!

This video was posted in the amp forum...apologies if it's old news here, but I figured with all the bitching and BS going on in HCEG lately, it'd be nice to have something we can ALL agree on. Namely, the douchebaggery that WAS Ed Romanthumb.gif

cop.gifmad.gif
facepalm.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The irony here...Ed spent so much time cultivating an abrasive image, he'd be disappointed if he weren't remembered for his absurd antics, rants and bizarre claims that Fender, Gibson and PRS were secretly importing guitars and labeling them as MIA.

Love him or hate him, he was one of a kind...and I think somewhere he's laughing at all of us...those of us slandering him, sure, but probably more so, those defending him wave.gif

• Members

Bought my first electric from ECMM in the late 80's. I always loved visiting his shop. He was no more slimy and opinionated than most music store owners I've met, and his staff no more surly than most. I know there were people who had bad dealings with him. I was sorry to hear of his passing. I definitely would have watched his show.

• Members

I enjoyed browsing his website from time to time looking at guitars and also reading the ER stories and rants on various forums over the years. There have been a couple Roman guitars I have played in guitar shops over the years and they seem ok, just not my cup of tea.

That show/pilot looked pretty awful though.

• Members

He died?

I'd say he had enough love for himself, no need for anyone else to. (seriously opinionated, and downright unethical - would pick on popular expensive guitar brands (slander?) only to promo his brand - which may or may not have all been made in his USA shop. He was also known for taking import models and refinishing the headstock with a USA model logo.)

• Members

Ok - I just stomached that 7 minute clip.

VERY ironic of him stating that he hated corporate guitar companies bc they were making import guitars and trying to pass them off as American made. (said while showing a clip of him machine gunning down a Gibson LP).

Ironic bc of his Musicman ordeal. And even more so for his "custom shop" models that he mass produced. No doubt his shop made some custom models, but what - one guitar maker and a helper making a whole line of guitars? He's just your typical scammer - making false claims about his competitors products that are actually true about his.

Glad this show never made it - cant imagine the mass misinformation that the general public would have been subjected to.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Ok - I just stomached that 7 minute clip.

VERY ironic of him stating that he hated corporate guitar companies bc they were making import guitars and trying to pass them off as American made. (said while showing a clip of him machine gunning down a Gibson LP).

Ironic bc of his Musicman ordeal. And even more so for his "custom shop" models that he mass produced. No doubt his shop made some custom models, but what - one guitar maker and a helper making a whole line of guitars? He's just your typical scammer - making false claims about his competitors products that are actually true about his.

Glad this show never made it - cant imagine the mass misinformation that the general public would have been subjected to.
wait, you mean Amish Mafia isnt an accurate portrayal of amish/menonite life?

• Members

I bought several guitars at the East Coast Music Mall (Danbury, CT) back in the day and a guitar from a special run that Dean guitars did through him and never had any troubles with Mr. Roman. I even stopped into his guitar store in Vegas after seeing a G3 concert and the man was pleasant enough.

• Members

I don't know. I've been through his website a few times looking at his opinions and while many are nonsense many others I totally agree with.

Seems like many here are unable to separate their dislike of a "personality" with the information coming from said "personality".

Like whatever he says MUST NOT be true simply BECAUSE it's Ed Roman. Ironically it's kind of like how I've noticed many people here can't seem to separate tone from talent.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele View Post
wait, you mean Amish Mafia isnt an accurate portrayal of amish/menonite life?
LOL... Pretty much sums it up. That {censored} (ed roman pilot) is everything I love and hate about reality tv packed into 7 minutes.
*Puts on flame suit* His vocals weren't bad though cop.gif

Archived