Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Ed Roman Love?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    1) All the Ed Roman bashing is based on anti-semitism. (yeah, that makes total sense) Today is the first I'd heard he was Jewish. The indignance becomes funnier when the "anti racism crowd" gets indignant in their defense of a man who often referred to MIJ products as "JAPANEZE". In this case playing the racism card IS a weak red herring argument to draw attention away from the prevailing sentiment of a mogul/a-hole/jackass/slime ball/gear freak/fatso.



    2) LOL at the people who hate racism but categorize people into three distinct groups: Good people, Racists, and Secret racists. Yeah cuz there can be no gray; only black and white.



    Racism will end when there is only one race. A couple hundred more years of stirring the melting pot should do the trick (unless an apocalyptic event relegates us into tribes again). Of course there's still religion to deal with.

    __________________________________________________ __





    As for the original question, I like Roman's opinionated nature the way I like Ted Nugent's... even if the opinions are "wrong". I emailed ER once to ask why he didn't like Carvin guitars as they were domestic. He admitted that he just didn't like them... somehow they reminded him of American made Yamahas. Bottom line is he didn't have a good reason.



    Another time I asked why the Driskill guitars suddenly disappeared off his site. He said there was a lawsuit pending and that he couldn't talk about it. Having since gotten an impression of the gentle nature of Joe Driskill... well I drew my own conclusion (which is of zero consequence).
    Originally Posted by wedgehed II


    Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

    Comment


    • #92
      1) All the Ed Roman bashing is based on anti-semitism. (yeah, that makes total sense) Today is the first I'd heard he was Jewish. The indignance becomes funnier when the "anti racism crowd" gets indignant in their defense of a man who often referred to MIJ products as "JAPANEZE". In this case playing the racism card IS a weak red herring argument to draw attention away from the prevailing sentiment of a mogul/a-hole/jackass/slime ball/gear freak/fatso.



      2) LOL at the people who hate racism but categorize people into three distinct groups: Good people, Racists, and Secret racists. Yeah cuz there can be no gray; only black and white.



      Racism will end when there is only one race. A couple hundred more years of stirring the melting pot should do the trick (unless an apocalyptic event relegates us into tribes again). Of course there's still religion to deal with.

      __________________________________________________ __





      As for the original question, I like Roman's opinionated nature the way I like Ted Nugent's... even if the opinions are "wrong". I emailed ER once to ask why he didn't like Carvin guitars as they were domestic. He admitted that he just didn't like them... somehow they reminded him of American made Yamahas. Bottom line is he didn't have a good reason.



      Another time I asked why the Driskill guitars suddenly disappeared off his site. He said there was a lawsuit pending and that he couldn't talk about it. Having since gotten an impression of the gentle nature of Joe Driskill... well I drew my own conclusion (which is of zero consequence).
      Originally Posted by wedgehed II


      Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

      Comment


      • #93
        Most people who have an opinion have never met or even dealt with him (preferably when he was alive)....I met him years ago when he was in Connecticut and never personally had a problem with him. I always enjoyed reading his rants and have to say that I agreed with a majority of them even if they did not spout the popular opinion of the day.
        ***Please check out some of my songs. Thanks!***
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=789610

        Comment


        • #94
          Most people who have an opinion have never met or even dealt with him (preferably when he was alive)....I met him years ago when he was in Connecticut and never personally had a problem with him. I always enjoyed reading his rants and have to say that I agreed with a majority of them even if they did not spout the popular opinion of the day.
          ***Please check out some of my songs. Thanks!***
          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=789610

          Comment


          • #95






            Quote Originally Posted by JTEES4
            View Post

            Most people who have an opinion have never met or even dealt with him (preferably when he was alive)




            If I could deal with dead people, I wouldn't waste any of my time chatting on a guitar forum!
            .

            Comment


            • #96






              Quote Originally Posted by JTEES4
              View Post

              Most people who have an opinion have never met or even dealt with him (preferably when he was alive)




              If I could deal with dead people, I wouldn't waste any of my time chatting on a guitar forum!
              .

              Comment


              • #97
                I always thought Ed Roman was from Rome.



                _____________________________________________
                Not to be taken seriously most of the time.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I always thought Ed Roman was from Rome.



                  _____________________________________________
                  Not to be taken seriously most of the time.

                  Comment


                  • #99






                    Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder
                    View Post

                    1) All the Ed Roman bashing is based on anti-semitism. (yeah, that makes total sense) Today is the first I'd heard he was Jewish. The indignance becomes funnier when the "anti racism crowd" gets indignant in their defense of a man who often referred to MIJ products as "JAPANEZE". In this case playing the racism card IS a weak red herring argument to draw attention away from the prevailing sentiment of a mogul/a-hole/jackass/slime ball/gear freak/fatso.



                    2) LOL at the people who hate racism but categorize people into three distinct groups: Good people, Racists, and Secret racists. Yeah cuz there can be no gray; only black and white.



                    Racism will end when there is only one race. A couple hundred more years of stirring the melting pot should do the trick (unless an apocalyptic event relegates us into tribes again). Of course there's still religion to deal with.




                    Since some of this is obviously directed at me...



                    My comments re race had nothing to do with defending Ed Roman. In fact, aside from my first post, simply stating I agreed with a few of the things ER said on his rant pages, I never gave my opinion on his character at all. You trying to equate my comments on racism (specifically the japanese issue) with ER is nothing more than a straw man.



                    If Ed Roman made disparaging remarks about Japanese people or culture then that would certainly affect my opinion of him in the negative. Based on what you've said though, I can't conclude that as I have no idea what "japaneze" even means... Is that suppose to be insulting?



                    As for your second point, I think you might be reading just a little bit too literal if you think that I or Pesky would actually believe there is no gray area in human behavior. Granted, the intellectual level demonstrated on line can lead one to believe people really are that stupid, but I would think the quality of the points made by both of us through are discussion would go a long way to showing we were capable of more depth than that. (besides; "three distinct groups" by it's very nature means it can NOT be black and white, as black and white means two distinct groups...so your premise is illogical anyway. A nice example of literal thinking on my part too...)



                    As for your last point (quoted by me)....I hope you're right. In a way religion should be easier...education and logic can deal with that.

                    Comment


                    • I'll just say this and thats that. I found his web site before I heard anything about him the good,crazy,bad. I called him asked about guitar X . Told him right away I'm not buying today. Well I guess I got him on a good day because we talked about everything from music/movies/gear and he even knew the area I live in for about an hour. His friend lived a few blocks from me. I know he wasn't BSing me. The road was not on the map at that time.





                      I do know something was going on with OLP and EBMM. The lawsuit and the removal of everything EBMM on his website.And something was going on with Fender and the SRV guitars. I really wish I had 100% facts on what was going on with both.

                      Comment


                      • He's ultimately won, because he was the mother of all guitar trolls, and we're still talking about him after death!
                        .

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by noah76
                          View Post

                          I'll just say this and thats that. I found his web site before I heard anything about him the good,crazy,bad. I called him asked about guitar X . Told him right away I'm not buying today. Well I guess I got him on a good day because we talked about everything from music/movies/gear and he even knew the area I live in for about an hour. His friend lived a few blocks from me. I know he wasn't BSing me. The road was not on the map at that time.





                          I do know something was going on with OLP and EBMM. The lawsuit and the removal of everything EBMM on his website.And something was going on with Fender and the SRV guitars. I really wish I had 100% facts on what was going on with both.




                          he refinished olp's, and sold them as music mans, and then he made an srv copy, and cut it open claiming it was a fender.

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by D Carroll
                            View Post

                            he refinished olp's, and sold them as music mans, and then he made an srv copy, and cut it open claiming it was a fender.




                            OK I thought thats what was going on.

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation
                              View Post

                              Since some of this is obviously directed at me...



                              My comments re race had nothing to do with defending Ed Roman. In fact, aside from my first post, simply stating I agreed with a few of the things ER said on his rant pages, I never gave my opinion on his character at all. You trying to equate my comments on racism (specifically the japanese issue) with ER is nothing more than a straw man.



                              If Ed Roman made disparaging remarks about Japanese people or culture then that would certainly affect my opinion of him in the negative. Based on what you've said though, I can't conclude that as I have no idea what "japaneze" even means... Is that suppose to be insulting?



                              As for your second point, I think you might be reading just a little bit too literal if you think that I or Pesky would actually believe there is no gray area in human behavior. Granted, the intellectual level demonstrated on line can lead one to believe people really are that stupid, but I would think the quality of the points made by both of us through are discussion would go a long way to showing we were capable of more depth than that. (besides; "three distinct groups" by it's very nature means it can NOT be black and white, as black and white means two distinct groups...so your premise is illogical anyway. A nice example of literal thinking on my part too...)



                              As for your last point (quoted by me)....I hope you're right. In a way religion should be easier...education and logic can deal with that.




                              I had to go back to see who said what. My first point above was directed at BG76 and HIS indignance on the racism issue and HIS defense of Ed Roman who is despised for his brash behavior and business practices NOT his religion. I KNOW reading this thread that I'm not the only one who never considered for a moment Ed Roman's religious affiliations prior to today. So The JAPANEZE thing and your "jap" references are complete coincidence. I remember seeing his rants where he typed JAPANEZE in all caps to emphasize the word ( I do that too). To purposely misspell the word shows some level of disrespect, so take it for what it's worth.



                              As for the categorization of people I know I am not racist. However, I am a little prejudiced of people from certain cultures. I don't hold it against them, because people don't get to pick where they are born. I also don't conclude that Ed Roman is racist solely because of his words. I even think its possible that Michael Richards isn't actually a racist in spite of that fateful night. If that makes me a liberal secret racist (i.e. a member of that "despicable" 3rd group), that's YOUR problem not mine. Then again, perhaps you and pesky are capable is seeing the gray in the topic. The bottom line is I failed (apparently) to point out the irony of arguing against racism by categoring people into groups. Should people from the groups wear a certain patch on their arm?
                              Originally Posted by wedgehed II


                              Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by peskypesky
                                View Post

                                There's a big, crucial difference. A person can take measures to control their weight. Not much you can do about your race, unless you go the Michael Jackson route, and look how that worked out for him.




                                woah hold on there

                                the lobby for gravity-challenged people would say they cannot, its genetic, predisposed from DNA, a virus or many other reasons beyomd their control.



                                Nothing at all to do with years of grazing on handheld food 24/7 while avoiding caloric expenditure.



                                In UKyou cannot call fat people fat, however fat they are



                                you have to call them big people, as if everyone else were hobbits.
                                Rules for a Happy Life:
                                Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
                                I am happy with who I am. You do not have to like me.





                                Originally Posted by aenemated
                                doc always has been and always will be. He behaves as if he is 18 years old with worlds of wisdom



                                6 senses, 5 cables, 4 different coloured guitars, 3 amps, 2 pedals, 1 footswitch.
                                Statutory Disclaimer: Any advice I may give is ill-informed and is to be treated with the utmost suspicion.

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X