X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by peskypesky
    View Post

There seem to be three kinds of people in the world. First, people, like me and soundcreation, who think racism is wrong. Second, there are the people who are unabashedly racist and have the balls to admit it. And third, there are the people who are racist, but know its not considered socially acceptable, so they hide it...until it comes out in an angry or drunken rant...or a comment on a guitar forum.

As much as I dislike the second group, the third group is arguably more despicable.

I do think there are people who sometimes mistakenly use lesser known terms that are offensive. Several times at HCEG the user of the term "jap" did so unknowingly or just didn't think it through before hand and realized they'd made a mistake.

It made me realize that when it happened I shouldn't first just go into attack mode, but rather make them aware of why the word is considered offensive, in case they didn't know to begin with.

It was usually the peanut gallery afterwards who would come in with the excuses.

But yeah I totally agree with you about the "third" group. As Malcolm X once said, he'd rather deal with the flat out racist (the wolf) cause at least he knew where he stood. As compared to the liberal "fox" who you couldn't tell what they really wanted.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
      View Post

pesky & soundcreation:

I have no tolerence for bigotry or falsely accusing someone of bigotry. I can appreciate a lot of the points you've made, but for me, I'm no racist and I'm comfortable with that. I do think there's often a distinction between racism and ignorance, however. In any case, you're correct...calling someone a racist when it's warranted is entirely appropriate.

Aenemated: Thanks for injecting some levity back in the thread. Good to see you

I agree completely.

And I suppose that's my point entirely. Conduct starts from within. Not based on what comes from outside.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by aenemated
        View Post

what about fattist?

because fat people really annoy me. eat a ****************in salad once in a while, ffs.

There's a big, crucial difference. A person can take measures to control their weight. Not much you can do about your race, unless you go the Michael Jackson route, and look how that worked out for him.
        The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
        Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation
          View Post

As Malcolm X once said, he'd rather deal with the flat out racist (the wolf) cause at least he knew where he stood.

Malcolm X was killed by black people.

Go figure.
          Lou Reed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by peskypesky
            View Post

Malcolm X was killed by black people.

Go figure.

True....but they were black people with close ties to a known and proven undercover FBI infiltrator/rabble

Comment

View Post

True....but they were black people with close ties to a known and proven undercover FBI infiltrator/rabble
              Lou Reed

Comment

View Post

Lou Reed

Comment

Ed was a real nice guy to me. He treated me real well even though I had no money on me at that moment. We talked about tone woods, pick ups and how the the guitar building industry likes to scam people for their sales targets. He was too honest about his passions about making guitars and satisfying his costumers many misconstrued his passions about guitars for arrogance. He was really a great guy

Rest in Peace Ed !!!!
                  Guns don't kill people .... Fathers with beautiful Daughters do !!!!

Comment

Ed was a real nice guy to me. He treated me real well even though I had no money on me at that moment. We talked about tone woods, pick ups and how the the guitar building industry likes to scam people for their sales targets. He was too honest about his passions about making guitars and satisfying his costumers many misconstrued his passions about guitars for arrogance. He was really a great guy

Rest in Peace Ed !!!!
                    Guns don't kill people .... Fathers with beautiful Daughters do !!!!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow
                      View Post

So you are THAT intimately acquainted with "most" tour managers and major label royalty? You must have had an interesting career. I'd love to hear details about it.

PM'd.

Yup, I do.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAronow
                        View Post

So you are THAT intimately acquainted with "most" tour managers and major label royalty? You must have had an interesting career. I'd love to hear details about it.

PM'd.

Yup, I do.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AJ6stringsting
                          View Post

Rest in Peace Ed !!!!

He must have done some things correctly or he wouldn't have had ANY customers. Reading his online rants and hearing his claims that guitar manufacturers were importing guitars and passing them off as MIA, or that Fender was lying about the composition of their guitars made him anything but honest.

Comment

View Post

Rest in Peace Ed !!!!

He must have done some things correctly or he wouldn't have had ANY customers. Reading his online rants and hearing his claims that guitar manufacturers were importing guitars and passing them off as MIA, or that Fender was lying about the composition of their guitars made him anything but honest.

Comment

View Post

Rest in Peace Ed !!!!

Comment

View Post

Rest in Peace Ed !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X