Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Ed Roman Love?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not going to go into detail other than it was about an old guitar of mine which was traced to Ed
    Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
    1st generation Irish

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by theManfromAlabam
      View Post

I am not going to go into detail other than it was about an old guitar of mine which was traced to Ed
      Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

I lived in Vegas for a bit and experienced Ed both at the shop and his 'compound' on Blue Diamond Road (am I passing the 'actually met him' test yet?) and found him to be a loud, dishonest, unintelligent person who tried to bully those he perceived to be beneath him on some high-school style hierarchy, while thoroughly and deeply rimming those he thought 'important.'

Frankly, he was not that unusual as a slimebag compared to most tour managers, major label royalty accountants, etc. what set him apart was his quasi retarded insistence on being considered a font of truth, and his bizarre "rules" for his sales floor.

What a true tool! And the 'compound' was saddest of all, a collection of really nice gear, a sweet pair of Harleys the time I was there, and furniture that didn't make the cut for Target.

It could have been considered charming, until you talked to the people who were dumb enough to give him money for ... Something.
        https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danhedonia
          View Post

I lived in Vegas for a bit and experienced Ed both at the shop and his 'compound' on Blue Diamond Road (am I passing the 'actually met him' test yet?) and found him to be a loud, dishonest, unintelligent person who tried to bully those he perceived to be beneath him on some high-school style hierarchy, while thoroughly and deeply rimming those he thought 'important.'

Frankly, he was not that unusual as a slimebag compared to most tour managers, major label royalty accountants, etc. what set him apart was his quasi retarded insistence on being considered a font of truth, and his bizarre "rules" for his sales floor.

What a true tool! And the 'compound' was saddest of all, a collection of really nice gear, a sweet pair of Harleys the time I was there, and furniture that didn't make the cut for Target.

It could have been considered charming, until you talked to the people who were dumb enough to give him money for ... Something.

So you are THAT intimately acquainted with "most" tour managers and major label royalty? You must have had an interesting career. I'd love to hear details about it.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danhedonia
            View Post

Why don't you level with us and tell us why you really don't like Jewish people?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
              View Post

Yep...just like a white guy calling a black guy an ****************************.

**************************** is code for the N-word, shhhhh...

oh please, give me a break. Seems like nothing is ever racist for white people anymore. It's always everyone else being "too politically correct" or "to sensitive". Never the responsibility of the person saying the words. In fact the only racism that seems to exist in white america these days is reverse racism.....lol.

I've even seen white people on line making excuses for what Michael Richards said/did as if it was everyone else being "too sensitive". The white "backlash" using statements like "PC" is just a pathetic attempt to excuse their own ignorance.

Note: this is a response to your implication about broader society; not one based on the specific content in this thread: re jews.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation
                View Post

oh please, give me a break. Seems like nothing is ever racist for white people anymore. It's always everyone else being "too politically correct" or "to sensitive". Never the responsibility of the person saying the words. In fact the only racism that seems to exist in white america these days is reverse racism.....lol.

I've even seen white people on line making excuses for what Michael Richards said/did as if it was everyone else being "too sensitive". The white "backlash" using statements like "PC" is just a pathetic attempt to excuse their own ignorance.

Note: this is a response to your implication about broader society; not one based on the specific content in this thread: re jews.

I think Michael Richards is an **************************** for his complete breakdown of a rant. Whether he's a racist or not, I'm not sure, but he has only himself to blame for being labled as such. Does that mean I'm anti-white? I don't get what you're saying here...

The dumbass I was mocking by that post was suggesting that anyone on the forum bashing Ed Roman was an anti-semite...I was simply making fun of his paranoia...throwing around unfounded accusations of racism is almost as ugly as actual racism...and a very weak way to try to win or end an argument.

For the record...there's all kinds of racism in society, but very little, if any of it here in HCEG...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                  View Post

I think Michael Richards is an **************************** for his complete breakdown of a rant. Whether he's a racist or not, I'm not sure, but he has only himself to blame for being labled as such. Does that mean I'm anti-white? I don't get what you're saying here...

The dumbass I was mocking by that post was suggesting that anyone on the forum bashing Ed Roman was an anti-semite...I was simply making fun of his paranoia...throwing around unfounded accusations of racism is almost as ugly as actual racism...and a very weak way to try to win or end an argument.

For the record...there's all kinds of racism in society, but very little, if any of it here in HCEG...

The fact you could say "you're not sure" if MR is a racist says a lot. As Chris Rock said so eloquently (referring to the MR's situation) "What do you got to do to be a racist these days.....shoot Medgar Evers?!?"

And I think what I'm saying is pretty clear. White people seem to go out of their way to excuse racist comments. They come up with all kinds of amazing justifications explain why something said wasn't racist and it's just everyone else's "sensitivity" or being too "PC". Not sure how to explain it to you anymore clearly. If that is confusing then I fear that just shows how deeply embedded denial of racism really is.

As I was saying...I wasn't referring to the jewish thing in this thread but the implication suggested in your post I quoted, was that perceived racism is other people's "sensitivity" and never someone actually being an ignorant ****************************.

And throwing the word racism out is NOT a weak way to win an argument if the person IS being a racist. I happen to think that Photoshopping a picture of a guy into a nazi theme is pretty tasteless. Racist? I don't know. Let's just say I'll keep my eye out on that poster from here on in.

And as for racism not existing here on HCEG I completely disagree.

I can't count how many times I've had to call out people here for throwing around a well known racist term like "Jap".

And EVERY single time what ends up happening?...lol...yep...

"your just being too PC soundcreation"...."stop being so sensitive soundcreation"....."it's just an abbreviation soundcreation" (yeah like "spic" is an abbreviation for Hispanic, yet would anyone throw that one around?)..... "It depends on the context soundcreation,"....and my personal favorite...."well I know japanese people and they don't care soundcreation"....

LOL..

And what do ALL of these have in common? They ALL shift blame and responsibility to the target of the racist statement. In short they are all pathetic excuses for not being able to control what comes out of one's mouth. Blame the victim instead of personal accountability.

Comment

having dealt with that rotten sonofabitch and that ****************ty store he ran in vegas, i'm glad the fat bastard is dead.
                    Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.
                    Tattoos courtesy of Espi & Alison Casson

Comment

There seem to be three kinds of people in the world. First, people, like me and soundcreation, who think racism is wrong. Second, there are the people who are unabashedly racist and have the balls to admit it. And third, there are the people who are racist, but know its not considered socially acceptable, so they hide it...until it comes out in an angry or drunken rant...or a comment on a guitar forum.

As much as I dislike the second group, the third group is arguably more despicable.
                      The most important part of my religion is to play guitar.
                      Lou Reed

Comment

what about fattist?

because fat people really annoy me. eat a ****************in salad once in a while, ffs.
                        Proud founder of the Trailer Trash Tattooed Piece of ****************/Dollar Store Trash Club.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by aenemated
                          View Post

having dealt with that rotten sonofabitch and that ****************ty store he ran in vegas, i'm glad the fat bastard is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by aenemated
                          View Post

what about fattist?

because fat people really annoy me. eat a ****************in salad once in a while, ffs.

LOL...Do I see a connection here???

Comment

totally, homey.

Comment

pesky & soundcreation:

I have no tolerence for bigotry or falsely accusing someone of bigotry. I can appreciate a lot of the points you've made, but for me, I'm no racist and I'm comfortable with that. I do think there's often a distinction between racism and ignorance, however. In any case, you're correct...calling someone a racist when it's warranted is entirely appropriate.

Aenemated: Thanks for injecting some levity back in the thread. Good to see you

Comment

howdy sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X