Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was abrasive, had an opinion on everything, and generally had the opposite opinion than I on most subjects and I can't say I'd ever want to talk to him in person, but hey, he surely was passionate about guitars. I don't think anyone could even try to deny it.
    Guitars Canada - Guitar Forum for Canadians

Comment

I enjoyed browsing his website from time to time looking at guitars and also reading the ER stories and rants on various forums over the years. There have been a couple Roman guitars I have played in guitar shops over the years and they seem ok, just not my cup of tea.

That show/pilot looked pretty awful though.
      Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
      Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

He died?

I'd say he had enough love for himself, no need for anyone else to. (seriously opinionated, and downright unethical - would pick on popular expensive guitar brands (slander?) only to promo his brand - which may or may not have all been made in his USA shop. He was also known for taking import models and refinishing the headstock with a USA model logo.)
        Ashtray plays Fender Stratocasters & Telecasters through:
        '67 Fender BF Bandmaster

Comment

Ok - I just stomached that 7 minute clip.

VERY ironic of him stating that he hated corporate guitar companies bc they were making import guitars and trying to pass them off as American made. (said while showing a clip of him machine gunning down a Gibson LP).

Ironic bc of his Musicman ordeal. And even more so for his "custom shop" models that he mass produced. No doubt his shop made some custom models, but what - one guitar maker and a helper making a whole line of guitars? He's just your typical scammer - making false claims about his competitors products that are actually true about his.

Glad this show never made it - cant imagine the mass misinformation that the general public would have been subjected to.
          Ashtray plays Fender Stratocasters & Telecasters through:
          '67 Fender BF Bandmaster

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray
            View Post

Ok - I just stomached that 7 minute clip.

VERY ironic of him stating that he hated corporate guitar companies bc they were making import guitars and trying to pass them off as American made. (said while showing a clip of him machine gunning down a Gibson LP).

Ironic bc of his Musicman ordeal. And even more so for his "custom shop" models that he mass produced. No doubt his shop made some custom models, but what - one guitar maker and a helper making a whole line of guitars? He's just your typical scammer - making false claims about his competitors products that are actually true about his.

Glad this show never made it - cant imagine the mass misinformation that the general public would have been subjected to.

wait, you mean Amish Mafia isnt an accurate portrayal of amish/menonite life?

stuff:
            52RI Tele
            Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
            more stuff:
            65 Twin Reverb Reissue
            Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

I bought several guitars at the East Coast Music Mall (Danbury, CT) back in the day and a guitar from a special run that Dean guitars did through him and never had any troubles with Mr. Roman. I even stopped into his guitar store in Vegas after seeing a G3 concert and the man was pleasant enough.
              This space intentionally left blank

Comment

I usually do not reply to a thread unless to leave a positive comment (My motto is unless you have something good to say, shut the **************** up) Any way, Ed Roman was the scrotum of the guitar retail world.
                Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                1st generation Irish

Comment

I don't know. I've been through his website a few times looking at his opinions and while many are nonsense many others I totally agree with.

Seems like many here are unable to separate their dislike of a "personality" with the information coming from said "personality".

Like whatever he says MUST NOT be true simply BECAUSE it's Ed Roman. Ironically it's kind of like how I've noticed many people here can't seem to separate tone from talent.

Comment

In short. Arrogant and a legend in his own mind. As far as his standing among the great guitar makers of our time. I don't think musical history will even list him as a footnote.
                    WHAT MAKES TELES GREAT IS THAT YOU CAN MAKE GREAT TELES

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele
                      View Post

LOL... Pretty much sums it up. That **************** (ed roman pilot) is everything I love and hate about reality tv packed into 7 minutes.

*Puts on flame suit* His vocals weren't bad though
                      The music is like colorful garbage artfully thrown upon yr. lawnDie Now - Live Later

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tele
                        View Post

:
                        We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

i think a show like this would be cool, maybe follow John Surh around or Jason Lollar. Id rather watch that over another cupcake war.

stuff:
                          52RI Tele
                          Gibson SG 1970s Tribute
                          more stuff:
                          65 Twin Reverb Reissue
                          Cox Tweed Deluxe Ultimate

The REAL Angry

Comment

I'm confused, did ed buy an epiphone, and refinish the neck into a gibson for that promo?

Comment

Since we're talking Ed Roman, in his honor they should take a homeless guy and try to pass him off as Ed. I mean, that's what he tried to do with OLP Guitars that weren't Music Man guitars.

He was a kook, a crook, and a complete dick.

His removal from this Earth will be good for the music community as a whole.
                              Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

East Coast Music Mall was amazing...
                                GuitarHeads: http://www.guitarheads.orgSome of My Music: Scott Abene - Reverb Nation"Ich bin Jung und brauche das Geld"-Eko Fresh

Comment

Working...
                                X