Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS SE Catanese Vs. Agile AL 3110

I'm looking at adding another guitar to the arsenal for 2013, Happy New Year btw. I have currently, a CS Fender Tele, a Mascis Jazzmaster, Gibson SG and an LP. I want something a bit more shreddery like, for the heavies, but still acceptable for cleans. I use a fair amount of fuzz/distortion. Amps are an AC15c1, and a DRRI coming soon, in stereo.

I want something with EMG's I think. So these two models appeal to me for slightly different reasons. The PRS is more of a modern take on the LP, 25" scale, love the plain ebony board, like the color better, I know the build quality on PRS models are very good. Traditional mahogany body with a maple cap. Only 1 vol/tone control.

The Agile is a bit more like a traditional LP, same scale, 2 vol/2 tone controls, but also has the same EMG (81/85) in it.

I can't try out either before buying. I might consider others, but prefer the LP style/feel. Thoughts on either?

For me.......The PRS is a no brainer. Althought Agile's are good guitars, I think the PRS SE series are excellent guitars. And the re-sale in the PRS is better.
    HCGB #271

Comment

For me.......The PRS is a no brainer. Althought Agile's are good guitars, I think the PRS SE series are excellent guitars. And the re-sale in the PRS is better.
      HCGB #271

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by revans513
        View Post

Thanks, sort of what I'm leaning towards as well. I have an Agile Harm1 now too, forgot to mention that. It might get sold though to help fund this purchase, we'll see.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by revans513
          View Post

Thanks, sort of what I'm leaning towards as well. I have an Agile Harm1 now too, forgot to mention that. It might get sold though to help fund this purchase, we'll see.

Comment

I've had a couple Agile's I have no complaints but my PRS SE's are just better guitars IMHO..
            HCGB #271

Comment

I've had a couple Agile's I have no complaints but my PRS SE's are just better guitars IMHO..
              HCGB #271

Comment

PRS
                Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

PRS
                  Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                  Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

Ironic that they would call a Korean-made guitar "Cantonese"

I voted PRS...Agiles are great but PRS SE's are better...plus, (while it's usually the final consideration) I always think about the resale value when faced with choices in a guitar purchase.

Comment

Ironic that they would call a Korean-made guitar "Cantonese"

I voted PRS...Agiles are great but PRS SE's are better...plus, (while it's usually the final consideration) I always think about the resale value when faced with choices in a guitar purchase.

Comment

Looks like the PRS then. Is there any one place that's better for ordering this model? Seems a bit harder to find, also it's at the higher end of the price spectrum for their SE line (over $800 without discounts). I see one on ebay for $600, but that's always a gamble. I'd rather spend a bit more from a good ship. Is Wilcutt guitar shop in Kentucky respected? nice pic they provide too:

Comment

Looks like the PRS then. Is there any one place that's better for ordering this model? Seems a bit harder to find, also it's at the higher end of the price spectrum for their SE line (over $800 without discounts). I see one on ebay for $600, but that's always a gamble. I'd rather spend a bit more from a good ship. Is Wilcutt guitar shop in Kentucky respected? nice pic they provide too:

Comment

I was looking at that PRS Cantonese just yesterday. Being a new model its harder to find and slightly inflated in price. You should be able to get in for $600ish, which I would pay. Let us know what you think when you eventually and if you get it.

Good luck,

billy
                            One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

I was looking at that PRS Cantonese just yesterday. Being a new model its harder to find and slightly inflated in price. You should be able to get in for $600ish, which I would pay. Let us know what you think when you eventually and if you get it.

Good luck,

billy
                              One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X