xrleroyx

• Members

What are yours?

Here's mine:

1. Study more
  2. Be more active*
  3. Buy a Gibson
  4. Treat others with more respect
  5. Realize I should be doing all of this anyways and not relying on a holiday to change my life

*I used to be really in shape, swam for 3 years then kind of lost it. Thanks school, work, poor diet and beer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx

View Post

Treat others with more respect

That's a good one. I started doing that this past year and IMO it really makes a difference. Treating one's fellow man with dignity is one of the easiest things to do and it costs nothing.

This past year I've also done more work for the wayward cats in the world. They need somebody to help them and I guess that somebody is my sister and I. It's unfortunate that as a society we've turned our backs on cats and dogs as the problems of pet overpopulation continue.

This year my goals are to continue with the above as well as lose weight and become more fiscally responsible. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius

View Post

That's a good one. I started doing that this past year and IMO it really makes a difference. Treating one's fellow man with dignity is one of the easiest things to do and it costs nothing.

This past year I've also done more work for the wayward cats in the world. They need somebody to help them and I guess that somebody is my sister and I. It's unfortunate that as a society we've turned our backs on cats and dogs as the problems of pet overpopulation continue.

This year my goals are to continue with the above as well as lose weight and become more fiscally responsible. biggrin.gif

It's really rewarding. I've been doing some volunteering and such, and really trying to be active in my comunity. When I get back to Grand Rapids, I'm going to volunteer at the soup kitchen. The homeless community is growing when there are thousands (not kidding) of abandoned homes all across Michigan that actually COST us MORE to NOT give them to those with nothing.

Oh...

And buy moar offsets.

My other resolution is to get a Jag and expand my pedal collection. I have the perfect amp for me really, although I'd like a handwired Vox head to put in stereo for the crunch with my bassman.

• Members

View Post

It's really rewarding. I've been doing some volunteering and such, and really trying to be active in my comunity. When I get back to Grand Rapids, I'm going to volunteer at the soup kitchen. The homeless community is growing when there are thousands (not kidding) of abandoned homes all across Michigan that actually COST us MORE to NOT give them to those with nothing.

Oh...

And buy moar offsets.

My other resolution is to get a Jag and expand my pedal collection. I have the perfect amp for me really, although I'd like a handwired Vox head to put in stereo for the crunch with my bassman.

That's excellent. Whether it's for people or animals, volunteer work is good for the soul. And I can't say enough good things about offsets! biggrin.gif

IMG_1485.jpg

• Members

1. get a hot girlfriend like xrleroyx's gf

2. do my 2011 taxes

3. do my 2012 taxes

4. learn music theory

5. join or start a band

6. make more music videos and maybe start a documentary

7. write a film script (already have the story)

8. get a hot girlfriend like xrleroyx's gf

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peskypesky

View Post

1. get a hot girlfriend like xrleroyx

2. do my 2011 taxes

3. do my 2012 taxes

4. learn music theory

5. join or start a band

6. make more music videos and maybe start a documentary

7. write a film script (already have the story)

8. get a hot girlfriend like xrleroyx

You have to include the "r" it's what gets the ladies wink.gif

• Members

Well, I need to lose about 25 more lbs to get to peak surfing weight. It sounds like a lot but I'm 6'4" so its not going to be that hard I reckon. Just been studying too much and not moving enough. I've starting swimming again which is obviously great training for the surf. If you haven't surfed, being out back with your mates waiting for the next set is just gold, nothing like being in the ocean catching some waves.

That reminds me, no more studying, I've had a gut full. Just graduated early this month. I've probably studied more than I've worked in my adult life, well, almost.

Musically, I have been working on my voice and making sure I play for an hour a day. It's very doable regardless of what's happening in my life. Have been doing it for about 3 weeks and plan to continue through the New Year, I've seen results in my playing already. I got slack while studying, kinda burnt out to learn new things.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Well, I need to lose about 25 more lbs to get to peak surfing weight. It sounds like a lot but I'm 6'4" so its not going to be that hard I reckon. Just been studying too much and not moving enough. I've starting swimming again which is obviously great training for the surf. If you haven't surfed, being out back with your mates waiting for the next set is just gold, nothing like being in the ocean catching some waves.

That reminds me, no more studying, I've had a gut full. Just graduated early this month. I've probably studied more than I've worked in my adult life, well, almost.

Musically, I have been working on my voice and making sure I play for an hour a day. It's very doable regardless of what's happening in my life. Have been doing it for about 3 weeks and plan to continue through the New Year, I've seen results in my playing already. I got slack while studying, kinda burnt out to learn new things.

Congrats, graduate! I'm 6'1, peak physical weight was 216, I'm around 240-250 now. facepalm.gif

I carry a guitar around my apt when I'm studying and every 30 mins, I do a few scale runs or arpeggios. Also helps that I'm studying jazz...

• Members

View Post

Congrats, graduate! I'm 6'1, peak physical weight was 216, I'm around 240-250 now. facepalm.gif

I carry a guitar around my apt when I'm studying and every 30 mins, I do a few scale runs or arpeggios. Also helps that I'm studying jazz...

Thanks. It was a bit of a slog this time, it was a language based degree and I'm a science man.

I reckon you could lose that weight easily if you put your mind to it. Being tall, its not as far away as it seems. Cutting carbs and exercising helps a lot.

• Members

Above, I forgot to mention that this year I've also for the most part given up pork products, except when it comes to Coneys. I love a good Coney Dog. I've also given up eggs and veal. And I've not eaten lobster in decades. Part of this is for my health, but a larger part is due to my contempt for how these animals are raised on corporate farms. I wash my hands of putting egg laying hens in such small cages they can't even turn around and they are covered in excrement.

I'm not ready to give up all animal products (beef and fish) at this point, but I can see it happening at some point in my life.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius

View Post

I'm not ready to give up all animal products (beef and fish) at this point, but I can see it happening at some point in my life.

I wonder how many people would eat meat if they had to kill their own food?

Example: My dad's mate bought a couple of calfs to bring to maturity and slaughter for the meat. That was 4 years ago, he now has two pet cows. lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

I wonder how many people would eat meat if they had to kill their own food?

I'm pretty sure I would be a vegetarian. I have ethical issues just trying to kill a mole that's been {censored}ing up my yard this past year. I've put down grub killer twice and yet the mole from Hell persists. I have poison, but I can't bring myself to use it. Poison is a miserable way to die.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

I live in Washington State so I think I'll issue an IPO for iWeed.

then roll it and smoke it.

on an ap

If it's going to be an iProduct, be sure that it's made in China and that the working conditions in the factory are so deplorable that people are commuting suicide. Also, be sure to lock the doors so the workers can't get out of the building should it catch fire. thumb.gif

• Members

I need to read more, and get back into my writing projects.

I need to eat better and get fit. I've never been as sedentary as I am now. I'm more worried about my health than at any other time in my life. I'm at a decent weight, I just want to drop a couple of inches off my waist, if I can. I want to build strength while staying lean.

Archived