Anyone here ever use Dangerousguitar.com?

hardtdc

• Members

Like the OP, I'd be interested in opinions from someone else who's used it. Not knowing anything about the site in question, however, I will say there are already a lot of resources on the web that are 100% free...it'd have to be pretty freaking amazing to be worth the undiscounted rate of $135 that they're asking...

• Members

Like the OP, I'd be interested in opinions from someone else who's used it. Not knowing anything about the site in question, however, I will say there are already a lot of resources on the web that are 100% free...it'd have to be pretty freaking amazing to be worth the undiscounted rate of $135 that they're asking...

• Members

I'll give my opinion.

I tried them earlier in the year and while the lessons that they provide are great and effective, I notice too much growth in playing. Let me clarify, my musical knowledge was greatly enhanced, my abilities around the fretboard were borderline technical/natural, and I was able to learn how to play my keyboard with the information I garnered.

That site is just too dangerous for mere mortal guitar players, because if I had stayed on that path, I would've been dangerously famous!

• Members

I'll give my opinion.

I tried them earlier in the year and while the lessons that they provide are great and effective, I notice too much growth in playing. Let me clarify, my musical knowledge was greatly enhanced, my abilities around the fretboard were borderline technical/natural, and I was able to learn how to play my keyboard with the information I garnered.

That site is just too dangerous for mere mortal guitar players, because if I had stayed on that path, I would've been dangerously famous!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by linthat22 View Post
I'll give my opinion.

Then why did you stop?

• Members
I'll give my opinion.

Then why did you stop?

• Members
I'll give my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
Then why did you stop?
Because idea.gif it was TOO dangerous!

• Members
I'll give my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba View Post
Then why did you stop?
Because idea.gif it was TOO dangerous!

• Members

My wife did the Groupon deal as a stocking stuffer for me because she knew I was looking into JamPlay. I ended up doing Jamplay with their year end deal after spending a little time on DangerousGuitar. I haven't given D.G. too much time, but their lessons seem to be pretty short with more tid bits of information. I think it lacks the depth of JamPlay. I can think of worse ways to spend $18.00, but I'd be pissed if she had paid full price for it. I don't feel bad about spending the money on a year of JamPlay.

• Members

My wife did the Groupon deal as a stocking stuffer for me because she knew I was looking into JamPlay. I ended up doing Jamplay with their year end deal after spending a little time on DangerousGuitar. I haven't given D.G. too much time, but their lessons seem to be pretty short with more tid bits of information. I think it lacks the depth of JamPlay. I can think of worse ways to spend $18.00, but I'd be pissed if she had paid full price for it. I don't feel bad about spending the money on a year of JamPlay.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I have checked out several online tutorial sites. I thought that DG might be worth trying for $18. Content was slow to load and one video caused my Internet Explorer to hang. Definitely will not renew. So far, JustinGuitar seems the best of the sites that I have explored.

• Members

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. I've heard good things about JustinGuitar but given that this thread is 4+ years old and the only other posts are duplicates of one another I don't know how much weight your contribution will have.

Archived