Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color of 2 Fender American Standard Stratocasters should I pick from?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color of 2 Fender American Standard Stratocasters should I pick from?

I placed a order to buy a 2012 Fender Anerican Standard Stratocaster and should have it by Weds from Music123.

When I first placed the order I thought I was getting a 2012 Fender American Standard in the Color of Charcoal Frost Metallic Maple Fingerboard for $691.28

But I checked my Order on Music123 a few mins later and Found out they screwed up and was sending me a 2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster 3-Tone Sunburst Maple Fingerboard,

Anyways Could not Cancel the Guitar and have to refuse it when UPS brings it along with the charcoal one that I also paid $691.28 for....

Now I am wondering what Color should I really get?

Yes the 3-Tone Sunburst is listed $50 more then the rest of the Strats but

I do have a pick of 3-Tone Sunburst or Charcoal.........JT
    1957 Gibson Les Paul Jr TV,1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv,1960 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv1972 Gibson SG200,1989 Fender American Strat Yellow,1990 Gibson Les Paul SpecialTv2011 Gibson Flying V Heritage Cherry,2011 Fender American Standard Tele Blond2012 Fender American Standard Tele Natural,2012 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Charcoal,2012 Gibson SG '61 Reissue,2012 Gibson Government Explorer Limited,2012 Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr Tv,2012 Gibson Les Paul DC Ebony Double cutaway2013 Fender Telecaster AV72 ThinLine2 Fender Twin Reverbs,1 Marshall JCM2000DSL 100 watt,Peavey 412 6505 Cabinet,Orange PPC412 HP

Whichever you like better. Aesthetically I prefer rosewood with Sunburst so I'd probably go for the Charcoal frost with the maple board.

Comment

Charcoal. There are millions of bursts out there. Be different.
      ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
      Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Yep I am leaning towards the Chacoal or I can have both since they are paid for lol...Naaaa only one

I can use .JT
        1957 Gibson Les Paul Jr TV,1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv,1960 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv1972 Gibson SG200,1989 Fender American Strat Yellow,1990 Gibson Les Paul SpecialTv2011 Gibson Flying V Heritage Cherry,2011 Fender American Standard Tele Blond2012 Fender American Standard Tele Natural,2012 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Charcoal,2012 Gibson SG '61 Reissue,2012 Gibson Government Explorer Limited,2012 Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr Tv,2012 Gibson Les Paul DC Ebony Double cutaway2013 Fender Telecaster AV72 ThinLine2 Fender Twin Reverbs,1 Marshall JCM2000DSL 100 watt,Peavey 412 6505 Cabinet,Orange PPC412 HP

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytuinals
          View Post

I placed a order to buy a 2012 Fender Anerican Standard Stratocaster and should have it by Weds from Music123.

When I first placed the order I thought I was getting a 2012 Fender American Standard in the Color of Charcoal Frost Metallic Maple Fingerboard for $691.28

But I checked my Order on Music123 a few mins later and Found out they screwed up and was sending me a 2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster 3-Tone Sunburst Maple Fingerboard,

Anyways Could not Cancel the Guitar and have to refuse it when UPS brings it along with the charcoal one that I also paid $691.28 for....

Now I am wondering what Color should I really get?

Yes the 3-Tone Sunburst is listed $50 more then the rest of the Strats but

I do have a pick of 3-Tone Sunburst or Charcoal.........JT

White People Problems! Sorry just having fun.....
          LP Jr. Special P90s
          Epiphone Wilshire
          MIM Tele
          Garrison Acoustic
          Princeton Chorus
          Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 30
          Fender Mustang I Amp

Comment

As stated before, Charcoal is a fabulous strat colour, bursts are a dime a dozen.
            One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

thats a great price... is there some kind of unadvertised pricing going on for these?

Comment

Darcoal is too dark for me.
                Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by thatsbunk
                  View Post

thats a great price... is there some kind of unadvertised pricing going on for these?

Will be last time I post this..........

Hellomusic.com have these for $849 and using the coupon (saturday100} will bring the Strat down towards $749.

Now Call Music123.com and NOT too email them and get the Price down towards $691 with their 123% discount after

their price match........A few got the Strat for $691 and a few others paid $725 with free shipping from Music123.

It depends on how many salespeople you want too call.(Once they are sold out at Hellomusic.com then the deal will be gone.......JT

http://hellomusic.com/Items/2012-ame...rcoal-rosewood

Comment

Never heard of it before, but I just checked...

That Charcoal color is awesome.
                    I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Play 'em both and keep the one that really speaks to you. Either way, it's a win-win.
                      Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
                        View Post

+1

Charcoal FTW
                        Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
                        Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

View Post

+1

Charcoal FTW

WTB BG Pups
                          Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

View Post

+1

Charcoal FTW

WTB BG Pups

Comment

Tri color burst w/maple. Get it in your hands and feel the power of a fully operational tri color burst American Standard Stratocaster with maple fret board. Trust your feelings. Don't fall to the dark side.

Comment

Working...
                              X