DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

Please, no political discussions.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by SrMeowMeow View Post
This was posted in the November thread but it's still going. Randall 4x12 Guitar Cab w/ Celestion G12T-75 Speakers for $249 (lists at $999).

Is this as stupidly good a deal as it sounds?
I would say yes, if you need a 4-12 cab

the speakers are $109 and have good reviews

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...-75-12-speaker

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sasjf

View Post

I would say yes, if you need a 4-12 cab

Even if you wanted to put a different set of 12s in it, the G12T-75s sell new for $100 per speaker. I have a couple of 1x12 cabs with these speakers and they sound very good.

• Members

Not trying to muddy up the waters but......

the 123 price match is back!!

http://www.music123.com/pages/price-...ee?icid=600116

45 Day 123% Low Price Guarantee We guarantee the low price - not only when you buy, but for 45 days after your purchase as well. If you find the identical item, in stock and advertised for less at any authorized U.S. dealer (auction web sites excluded), we will refund you 100% of the difference, as well as an additonal 23% of that difference. This guarantee is good for all new factory sealed products by authorized national dealers. This offer DOES NOT include; demos, factory seconds, auctions, discontinued models, special orders, blemished, damaged, closeout, open box or used items. Additionally, we do not match Daily Deal pricing from sites like Groupon, Living Social and Musician

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SrMeowMeow View Post
This was posted in the November thread but it's still going. Randall 4x12 Guitar Cab w/ Celestion G12T-75 Speakers for $249 (lists at $999).

Is this as stupidly good a deal as it sounds?
Randall makes a great cab. That is a fantastic deal.

• Members
Thanks for posting these. Looked into them a bit. M123 and MF have them at the same prices as Amazon (though WWBW doesn't) - more options, but no price match. Almost bit, but the neck dimensions aren't to taste: 20 mm (25/32") thick at nut, 14" radius. If it weren't for that I'd have one on the way right now.

Edit: Should also point out that they're medium frets, and I could find no mention anywhere as to whether they are belly-cut.

Archived