DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    View Post

Perhaps folks on this board may trust the opinion of other forumites whose experience, taste, and deal-snooping acumen are well-known more than that of other random posters or reviewers?

This. I do read the reviews on Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, etc, but I will not shock anybody in saying that these are rarely helpful. The problem is that with rare exceptions everybody loves everything on those sites. If you buy a guitar pedal, and you've never owned guitar pedal, you're likely to think that it's great, because guitar pedals are great. But some are better or worse than others, and the only way to know is to have used more than one. The way I see it, anyone who hangs out in this thread is an addict to some degree or another, so I find your opinions especially useful. Some of you have probably bought three pedals in the last month. I bought a guitar stand last week that I otherwise would've skipped because Guitarzan said it holds up in earthquakes. Many of us have bought Snark tuners because others here loved them.

Anyway, I never intended to start a debate about the Zoom pedal. I expected short answers and they were what I got (thank you, guys). I understand watsonaka's point of view. This thread does get derailed much more often than one would think was possible. But the way I see it, limited discussion of the deals posted is natural, on-topic, and helpful in many cases.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
      View Post

So no more 150% price match guarantee...i love it when they do promotions they can't honor lol

I still got good deals, so I am not really mad about it. I'll take my winnings and call it day. But they should just call it a "price match guarantee", because the 150% is not correct. Extremely misleading.

It never ceases to amaze me how sales, promotions, rebates are messed up from the get go. Do these corporate marketing folks check their work? The Vox rebate mess, MF price matching, etc. Just sloppy and careless. How these upper management folks get their jobs and earn good money baffling.
      Amps: Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack, Crate Palomino V16, Silverface Vibro Champ, Silverface PR, Univox U45-B, Supro 6606

Guitars: 1970 Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top, 1998 Ace Frehley Les Paul, Gibson Q300,MIM Stratocaster, '99 PRS McCarty w/ Trem, Ibanez Roadstar II, Fernandes 7 string Sustainer, Fender Stratocaster with EMG Gilmours, and the list goes on

Effects: Digitech 11 Rack, Line 6 M13, HD500, Radial Tone Bone Plexitube, Boss Dimension C, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Danelectro CTO-1

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by illinismitty
        View Post

I still got good deals, so I am not really mad about it. I'll take my winnings and call it day. But they should just call it a "price match guarantee", because the 150% is not correct. Extremely misleading.

It never ceases to amaze me how sales, promotions, rebates are messed up from the get go. Do these corporate marketing folks check their work? The Vox rebate mess, MF price matching, etc. Just sloppy and careless. How these upper management folks get their jobs and earn good money baffling.

No doubt...I still shop at Zzounds and Sweetwater, even without a guaranteed price match(both will work with you and USUALLY price match)...it's when companies bight off more than they can chew that pisses me off. I mean, who the hell would ever expect a 150% price match, anyway? My philosophy in this matter...you make your own bed and you can damn well lie in it...

Comment

• I desperately hope this meets with the approval of my peers.

Wildwood has further dropped the price on the Gibson Pete Townshend Signature SGs to $999. They do a set-up for you, so it's a decent enough deal if you've been looking for one of these.

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gibson/artist.htm
          NEWB since '09.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by birdwax
            View Post

This. I do read the reviews on Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, etc, but I will not shock anybody in saying that these are rarely helpful. The problem is that with rare exceptions everybody loves everything on those sites.

Musician's Friend once held up one of my reviews because it was negative and I said that the product was made in China. Ever since then I put zero stock in what I read on there. Amazon is better. They will let you trash a product. Parts Express is also honest.

At any rate I too like asking questions here because it's more interactive and usually people know what they're talking about.

I started a thread about the G2 over in Effects.
            Signature is here!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey
              View Post

I desperately hope this meets with the approval of my peers.

Wildwood has further dropped the price on the Gibson Pete Townshend Signature SGs to $999. They do a set-up for you, so it's a decent enough deal if you've been looking for one of these.

http://wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/gibson/artist.htm

Why as a matter of fact I have been, thank you. I almost pulled the trigger on a used one at Dave's Guitar for the same price. Now I just have to figure out what to do with that hideous tribute case.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by George Jetson
                View Post

Why as a matter of fact I have been, thank you. I almost pulled the trigger on a used one at Dave's Guitar for the same price. Now I just have to figure out what to do with that hideous tribute case.

Glad to help. You can also try to price match with MF who still has it in stock for $1179, and maybe get a little GC out of it.
                NEWB since '09.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
                  View Post

Perhaps folks on this board may trust the opinion of other forumites whose experience, taste, and deal-snooping acumen are well-known more than that of other random posters or reviewers?

---^ THIS

Comment

• There's a clearance Jaguar HH special at Best Buy MOA for $340. It's not mint but nothing too bad.

My rig:
                    Edwards ELP-112LTS/RE

Butler Silver Hammer
                    ISP Vector SL
                    Kafel 412

List of Over 40+ Good Deals on HC!!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by vangkm
                      View Post

There's a clearance Jaguar HH special at Best Buy MOA for $340. It's not mint but nothing too bad.

From their website: "We are currently unable to show local-store inventories online.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please visit your local store to shop in-store clearance." Probably a smart move on their part, but sucks for us.
                      Great transactions with: pan760, Unclemeat, adlo76, deadanddreaming, Woody_in_MN, Rose Pickups, Toshiro, BryanMichael, cbh5150, Rand-O-Monium, ugameus, jcm800stratman

"It's the internet, dude. We all make six figures, f*ck supermodels and drive 9 second Supras when we're not in here bitching about our MIM Strats." [flummox]

"Before you read this post, it should be noted that I f*cking love bunny rabbits." [CompleteGuitard]

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by brandass
                        View Post

From their website: "We are currently unable to show local-store inventories online.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please visit your local store to shop in-store clearance." Probably a smart move on their part, but sucks for us.

If you do go to your local BB and find something, be sure to get someone to check the price in their system. I picked up one of the HH Jags for $340 a few weeks ago, even though the sale price tag was showing more than twice that.
                        How many more guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho
                          View Post

Dean '79 Series ML with Floyd $311 ($599 at MF/M123 - pricematch fodder!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...-ml-with-floyd

I got a PM from M123 on this for about $240 if anyone wants it.
                          Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by hausmann
                            View Post

If you do go to your local BB and find something, be sure to get someone to check the price in their system. I picked up one of the HH Jags for $340 a few weeks ago, even though the sale price tag was showing more than twice that.

The Jag I saw said "Clearance" and had a price tag of $340. It was also located in one of the side rooms where all the drum equipment is.

My rig:
                            Edwards ELP-112LTS/RE

Butler Silver Hammer
                            ISP Vector SL
                            Kafel 412

List of Over 40+ Good Deals on HC!!!

Comment

• These might help your vocals

Behringer EUROLIVE B205D Active 150-Watt PA/Monitor Speaker System $135

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

http://www.vguitarforums.com

Comment

• SamAsh.com has got back the Gibson Flying V with hardshell case for $799

Whatzz the difference from the Faded Flying V and this flying V ???

I know there is a $1000 savings but is it that much better then the Faded since

they share the same pickups?......JT

http://www.samash.com/p/Gibson_Flying%20V_184013
                                1957 Gibson Les Paul Jr TV,1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv,1960 Gibson Les Paul Jr Tv1972 Gibson SG200,1989 Fender American Strat Yellow,1990 Gibson Les Paul SpecialTv2011 Gibson Flying V Heritage Cherry,2011 Fender American Standard Tele Blond2012 Fender American Standard Tele Natural,2012 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top2012 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Charcoal,2012 Gibson SG '61 Reissue,2012 Gibson Government Explorer Limited,2012 Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr Tv,2012 Gibson Les Paul DC Ebony Double cutaway2013 Fender Telecaster AV72 ThinLine2 Fender Twin Reverbs,1 Marshall JCM2000DSL 100 watt,Peavey 412 6505 Cabinet,Orange PPC412 HP

Comment

Working...
                                X