DEC 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by rapZa
    View Post

Wait... Doesn't Chris Baker work for MF? I know MF & M123 is under the same umbrella, but they're running 2 different price matching strategies.

Yes he does, and yes they do.
    NEWB since '09.

Comment

• ...and here comes the Akai Compressor. SDOTD.

Comment

• Just used a $30 Gift Certificate (from the 150% deal) on the new SDOTD the Akai Compressor. Also, M123 sent me an Overdrive and a Fuzz rather than the Distortion I ordered for $19.10. So now I can go use another 19.10 PM on the Distortion. I'm going to be flush with Akai pedals. And yes, I understand they are rehoused Biyangs.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey
          View Post

* And 1 offered a $36.00 price. Out of curiousity I responded back with the spiel about the 123% guaranty and got this interesting reply:

Yeah, that's what I got. With credit coming. Meh...
          Set-up: ME> GUITAR> EFFECTS> AMP> AUDIENCE=
          Good Deals : sh333, mitre

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka
            View Post

Just used a $30 Gift Certificate (from the 150% deal) on the new SDOTD the Akai Compressor. Also, M123 sent me an Overdrive and a Fuzz rather than the Distortion I ordered for $19.10. So now I can go use another 19.10 PM on the Distortion. I'm going to be flush with Akai pedals. And yes, I understand they are rehoused Biyangs.

You know those pedals are just rehoused Biyangs right?

Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey
              View Post

So I wanted to try a little PM experiment with Music123. On Sunday afternoon, I sent a couple PM requests for the Akai distortion pedal using the J&R linky so kindly provided in this thread. Come yesterday afternoon, still got nothing. So I sent 4 more identical PM requests.

Starting last night, the quotes started coming in:

* 2 offered the $19.10 price.

* 1 offered a $19.05 price.

* 2 said J&R was not an authorized dealer and maintained the $179.00 price.

* And 1 offered a $36.00 price. Out of curiousity I responded back with the spiel about the 123% guaranty and got this interesting reply:

So, there you go. Much respect to Chris Baker for doing his darndest, but it seems to me the first step should be to get everyone on the same page. Maybe a memo circulated or morning meeting with CSRs?

Kinda wonder if they don't have a bunch of newbies working for the Holidays.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99
                View Post

Kinda wonder if they don't have a bunch of newbies working for the Holidays.

nope. M123 standard.

Comment

• ESP LTD EC-401VF See-Thru Black $400

(email flash deal)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-...42-i1435802.gc

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho
                    View Post

You know those pedals are just rehoused Biyangs right?

That made my day Joe, lol

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Drastion
                      View Post

They keep taking a hit on these pedals with the gift cards. Must just be dumping them to save the headache.

That might have been true on the Overdrive and the Distortion that J&R have, but not on the Delay, Chorus, Compressor. They are just dumping some inventory.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho
                        View Post

So is the "they are not an authorized dealer" spiel. They said that on the Snark Tuners and Snark has no where online to see who an authorized dealer is. I send an email and get a response within a day stating otherwise.

That's my favorite response...I've had them tell me Sam Ash isn't an authorized Fender dealer before-like, they don't even bother to check

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka
                          View Post

That might have been true on the Overdrive and the Distortion that J&R have, but not on the Delay, Chorus, Compressor. They are just dumping some inventory.

Yeah, and how many of us are there, really? It doesn't take much to see that the pricematching shenanigans of a few little people in a little thread in a little forum don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. By the way, I hear that these pedals are just rehoused Biyangs.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by PunkKitty
                            View Post

I think they are gone and the guitar is out of production. I have an extra NIB cherry sunburst model that I can sell you.

Thanks for the reply. Would be interested if wine red. What makes you think that they are out of production?

@joemonkey , will check local SA.

Comment

• Does anyone out there know where I can get a good deal on rehoused Biyang pedals?
                              Gibson: J-45, Songbird Deluxe, CJ-165 (maple), J-100 XTRA (bubinga),Les Paul Junior Special (P-90), Les Paul Melody MakerMartin: Custom Shop 00-15 Fender: Standard Stratocaster HSS Bushman: Cedar Tone tenor ukulele

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta
                                View Post

Does anyone out there know where I can get a good deal on rehoused Biyang pedals?

Ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X