Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone venture a guess if the SamAsh midtown standard p90 deals are coming back? I'd sure like another one.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by chipwich
      View Post

Anyone venture a guess if the SamAsh midtown standard p90 deals are coming back? I'd sure like another one.

My guess is "no." I think that ship has sailed.

EDIT: I have heard that some brick and mortar Sam Ash stores still have some hanging on the walls. I'd say try as many as you can locally to see if you can come across one. But as for online, I think that deal is done.
      NEWB since '09.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by chipwich
        View Post

Anyone venture a guess if the SamAsh midtown standard p90 deals are coming back? I'd sure like another one.

I think they are gone and the guitar is out of production. I have an extra NIB cherry sunburst model that I can sell you.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99
          View Post

Or the fuzz.

Nope, now it's the chorus.
          Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MarkF786
            View Post

That's one of the ugliest guitar I've ever seen. It looks like a drunken teenager cut the body freehand with a hacksaw.

There

Comment

• They keep taking a hit on these pedals with the gift cards. Must just be dumping them to save the headache.

Comment

• Just bought the Akai chorus for $29.99 shipped. Figured I couldn't get hurt.
                Good deals with: Dr. Scottie C, guitar23, pinchegordo, tonedude, HOMER308, xxtinyterrified, MickTaylorFan, bds2978, shooterkc, raine36, classic axe, teleman, zemmy, slufay, shredtilurded

Bad deals with: thomasf

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by kingsransom
                  View Post

Just bought the Akai chorus for $29.99 shipped. Figured I couldn't get hurt.

Be careful when you open it, they have razor sharp edges.
                  Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

• The chorus is now gone. If anyone wants one of the distortion. They still have it on sale at j&r. You can try for a price match at music123 for less than 20.

Comment

• The fuzz is now the SDOTD.
                      Les Paul Standards, USA Fender Strat, Highway One Tele, PRS Custom 24, PRS SC250, Gibson SG, Martin DC16-RGTEMesa Single Recto, Epi Valve Standard, Blackstar HT-5, Vox AC15C1Good deals with: Thirsty One, Beckman, Facing Failure, ashasha, the new guy, Townshend, Alecto, Gatelyne ....many others (please remind me if you see this!)

Comment

• So I wanted to try a little PM experiment with Music123. On Sunday afternoon, I sent a couple PM requests for the Akai distortion pedal using the J&R linky so kindly provided in this thread. Come yesterday afternoon, still got nothing. So I sent 4 more identical PM requests.

Starting last night, the quotes started coming in:

* 2 offered the $19.10 price.

* 1 offered a $19.05 price.

* 2 said J&R was not an authorized dealer and maintained the $179.00 price.

* And 1 offered a $36.00 price. Out of curiousity I responded back with the spiel about the 123% guaranty and got this interesting reply:

Our 123% policy states that we will match any advertised price on a identical in stock product. The 23% is given as a credit that is generated automatically by out system and takes about 2 weeks to appear on your account.

So, there you go. Much respect to Chris Baker for doing his darndest, but it seems to me the first step should be to get everyone on the same page. Maybe a memo circulated or morning meeting with CSRs?
                        NEWB since '09.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey
                          View Post

So I wanted to try a little PM experiment with Music123. On Sunday afternoon, I sent a couple PM requests for the Akai distortion pedal using the J&R linky so kindly provided in this thread. Come yesterday afternoon, still got nothing. So I sent 4 more identical PM requests.

* And 1 offered a $36.00 price. Out of curiousity I responded back with the spiel about the 123% guaranty and got this interesting reply:

So, there you go. Much respect to Chris Baker for doing his darndest, but it seems to me the first step should be to get everyone on the same page. Maybe a memo circulated or morning meeting with CSRs?

Laughable.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Drastion
                            View Post

They keep taking a hit on these pedals with the gift cards. Must just be dumping them to save the headache.

It's exactly what they're doing. I guess that's one solution to unexpectedly large price match deltas. I wonder if these pedals will suddenly become available again once the 50% match is no longer in effect, or after J&R stops their sale.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey
                              View Post

So I wanted to try a little PM experiment with Music123. On Sunday afternoon, I sent a couple PM requests for the Akai distortion pedal using the J&R linky so kindly provided in this thread. Come yesterday afternoon, still got nothing. So I sent 4 more identical PM requests.

Wait... Doesn't Chris Baker work for MF? I know MF & M123 is under the same umbrella, but they're running 2 different price matching strategies.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl
                                View Post

Laughable.

So is the "they are not an authorized dealer" spiel. They said that on the Snark Tuners and Snark has no where online to see who an authorized dealer is. I send an email and get a response within a day stating otherwise.
                                Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

Working...
                                X