"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

HanSolo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Stumblin

View Post

Ha! I remember watching that years ago.

Me too. I think it's so cool that Keith would pay homage to Chuck in this fashion. I believe CB to be one of the biggest contributors to Rock music ever (as obviously Keith does too) and he's gotten so little attention in recent years. The day will come when he passes on and then he'll be all the talk. But it was cool of Keith to do it with Chuck when Chuck is still around to appreciate the homage. How old is that film now?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Stumblin

View Post

Ha! I remember watching that years ago.

Me too. I think it's so cool that Keith would pay homage to Chuck in this fashion. I believe CB to be one of the biggest contributors to Rock music ever (as obviously Keith does too) and he's gotten so little attention in recent years. The day will come when he passes on and then he'll be all the talk. But it was cool of Keith to do it with Chuck when Chuck is still around to appreciate the homage. How old is that film now?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Virgman View Post
CB never took his own amp on his gigs. Just got on the plane with his guitar and played the amp at the gig.

Read it in his book.
I thought he only did that kind of touring after his hey day.

I remember hearing a story (told by Bruce Springsteen) about him being in one of those "pick up bands" when Chuck Berry came through. I can't imagine the pressure of having to be able to jump right in their with Chuck with him being as particular as he is.

I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me redface.gif

biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Virgman View Post
CB never took his own amp on his gigs. Just got on the plane with his guitar and played the amp at the gig.

Read it in his book.
I thought he only did that kind of touring after his hey day.

I remember hearing a story (told by Bruce Springsteen) about him being in one of those "pick up bands" when Chuck Berry came through. I can't imagine the pressure of having to be able to jump right in their with Chuck with him being as particular as he is.

I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it, but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me redface.gif

biggrin.gif

• Members

[quote name=GAS Man;47373687I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it' date=' but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me redface.gif

biggrin.gif[/quote]

As a (former) CPA, I resemble that remark. mad.gif

• Members

[quote name=GAS Man;47373687I got a kick out of Keith's comments about "that was what he knew he was going to do". And then when he says he didn't expect to make a living at it' date=' but even if he "ended up being an Accountant and doing it as a hobby" because - that's me redface.gif

biggrin.gif[/quote]

As a (former) CPA, I resemble that remark. mad.gif

Archived