Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

"That's my amp and I'm setting it the way I wish it." Chuck Berry and Keith Richards.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's an awesome documentary. Haven't seen it in a while, but my memory is that during the concert, Eric comes to the front and basically tears everyone a new one. Must have been pretty much near the pinacle of his playing, if he ever had one.

Comment

Yes, that's an awesome documentary. Haven't seen it in a while, but my memory is that during the concert, Eric comes to the front and basically tears everyone a new one. Must have been pretty much near the pinacle of his playing, if he ever had one.

Comment

I have it on DVD, and saw it when it was released. Keith was the ONLY choice for the musical director.
        Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

I have it on DVD, and saw it when it was released. Keith was the ONLY choice for the musical director.
          Guitars: Ampeg Dan Armstrongs, Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Epiphone Les Paul, G-400, EG-1275, Dots, Gibson SG, Squier Stratocasters, Telecasters, OLP MM1s, etc.Amps: Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50/1960A, Ampeg VL-502/VLA, Music Man HD150 212, etc.Effects: Vox ToneLab SE, etc.Influences: Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood, Paul Kantner, Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, The Edge, etc.

Comment

I don't have any ill feelings towards the guys, but my honest opinion is that Chuck Berry converted a few blues songs by adding a jumped-up beat and a bunch of variations of the same guitar riff. Then Keith Richards copied him and called it a career. Good on them for being able to make that work. It's just basic blues.

Comment

I don't have any ill feelings towards the guys, but my honest opinion is that Chuck Berry converted a few blues songs by adding a jumped-up beat and a bunch of variations of the same guitar riff. Then Keith Richards copied him and called it a career. Good on them for being able to make that work. It's just basic blues.

Comment

Nope. Far more to it than that.

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Stumblin
                    View Post

Thank you for that special report from Uptightistan. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

This is a discussion forum. You can join the fan club of those guys if you don't want to hear opinions that differ from yours. Feeling defensive about a couple of basic guitarists is more uptight...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Stumblin
                      View Post

Thank you for that special report from Uptightistan. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

This is a discussion forum. You can join the fan club of those guys if you don't want to hear opinions that differ from yours. Feeling defensive about a couple of basic guitarists is more uptight...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherAnnePeel
                        View Post

Nope - my opinion is based on listening to them and watching them perform. Without the record labels, producers, engineers, and hired studio guns KR wouldn't be considered the trailblazing pioneer that some think he is.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherAnnePeel
                          View Post

Nope - my opinion is based on listening to them and watching them perform. Without the record labels, producers, engineers, and hired studio guns KR wouldn't be considered the trailblazing pioneer that some think he is.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
                            View Post

I think that's totally understating the revolution of the genre that both of those musiscians imparted on the fundamentals.

I'd be careful about that kind of blasphemy around these parts.

Depiction of ancient HCEG practices:

But even MUCH TO CHUCK BERRY'S CREDIT, in one documentary about him (maybe this one, can't remember) he says, "nothing new under the sun". So there is that other side to him that is very modest about his contribution to the genesis of Rock n Roll.
                            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by koiwoi
                              View Post

I think that's totally understating the revolution of the genre that both of those musiscians imparted on the fundamentals.

I'd be careful about that kind of blasphemy around these parts.

Depiction of ancient HCEG practices:

But even MUCH TO CHUCK BERRY'S CREDIT, in one documentary about him (maybe this one, can't remember) he says, "nothing new under the sun". So there is that other side to him that is very modest about his contribution to the genesis of Rock n Roll.
                              A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

So Keif tried to turn down Chuck so he could step on him...why am I not surprised...

If you do a little research, after Jimi blew Eric off a stage in London, the stones wouldn't let Jimi up to play with them..

Then if you watch 'Shine a light, they picked the ****************tiest out of character songs, off keys for for the people they had play with them'....I mean when Christina Aquilerra struggles with a song, you know it was a set up.

Then you have Mick making a change in the middle of a blues song, stumps Buddy, Keif dancing around him in his face during a solo..Buddy can't do anything..

Then you have the ****************ing stage hogs at the checkboard climbing over patrons to play with Muddy, trying to get some respect as being 'blues guys'.

The Stones are the most over rated bunch of unprofessional dip****************s at they get but a lesson in how to make it in music...buy your heavy riff hook songs, image over substance, find a frontman nut with tons of energy then hype hype hype.

Seriously if it came out that they had Jimi wacked in London, I wouldn't be surprised, They are just notorious for stepping on others to make themselves look good.
                                http://sites.google.com/site/bizflyer/

Comment

Working...
                                X